1984, Volume 32, Issue 1, pp 711-716
Toxicity of ochratoxin A and penicillic acid to chicks
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Bacon CW, Sweeney JG, Robbins JD, Burdick D (1973) Production of penicillic acid and ochratoxin A on poultry feed byAspergillus ochraceus: Temperature and moisture requirements. Appl Microbiol 26:155–160.
- Barr AJ, Goodnight JH, Sall JP, Blair WH, Chilko DM (1979) SAS User's Guide. SAS Institute Inc., Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Ciegler A (1972) Bioproduction of ochratoxin A and penicillic acid by members of theAspergillus ochraceous group. Can J Microbiol 21:631–636.
- Fischback H, Rodricks JH (1973) Current efforts of the Food and Drug Administration to control mycotoxins in food. J Assoc Off Anal Chem 56:767–770.
- Huff WE, Wyatt RD, Tucker TC, Hamilton PB (1974) Ochratoxicosis in the broiler chicken. Poult Sci 53:1585–1591.
- Huff WE, Wyatt RD, Hamilton PB (1975) Nephrotoxicity of dietary ochratoxin A in broiler chickens. Appl Microbiol 30:48–51.
- Huff WE, Hamilton PB, Ciegler A (1980) Evaluation of penicillic acid for toxicity in broiler chickens. Poult Sci 59:1203–1207.
- Huff WE, Doerr JA (1981) Synergism between aflatoxin and ochratoxin A in broiler chicks. Poult Sci 60:550–555.
- Krogh P (1973) Natural occurrence of ochratoxin A and citrinin in cereal associated with swine nephropathy. 2nd Int Congr Plant Pathol, Abstract #0360.
- Kubena LF, Phillips TD, Witzel DA, Heidelbaugh ND (1983) Toxicity of ochratoxin A and tannic acid to growing chicks. Poult Sci 62:1786–1792.
- Kurtzman CP, Ciegler A (1970) Mycotoxln from a blue-eye mold of corn. Appl Microbiol 20:204–207
- National Research Council (1977) Nutrient requirements of poultry, 7th ed., National Academy of Science, Washington, DC.
- Prior MG (1976) Mycotoxin determinations on animal feedstuffs and tissues in Western Canada. Can J Comp Med 40:73–79.
- Prior MG, O'Neill JB, Sisodia CS (1980) Effects of ochratoxin A on growth response and residues in broilers. Poult Sci 59:1254–1257.
- Scott PM, Vanwalbeek V, Harwig J, Fennell DI (1970) Occurrence of a mycotoxin, ochratoxin A, in wheat and isolation of ochratoxin A and citrinin producing strains ofPenicillium viridicatum. Can J Plant Sci 50:583–585.
- Scott PM, Vanwalbeek V, Kennedy W, Anyanti D (1972) Mycotoxins (ochratoxin A, citrinin, and sterigmatocystin) and toxigenic fungi in grains and other agricultural products. Agri Food Chem 1103–1108.
- Shepherd EC, Phillips TD, Joiner GN, Kubena LF, Heidelbaugh ND (1981) Ochratoxin A and penicillic acid interactions in mice. J Environ Sci Health B 16(5):557–573.
- Shotwell OL, Hesseltine CW, Goulden ML (1969) Ochratoxin A: Occurrence as natural contaminant of a corn sample. Appl Microbiol 17:765–766.
- Toxicity of ochratoxin A and penicillic acid to chicks
Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
Volume 32, Issue 1 , pp 711-716
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors