Colorectal carcinoma antigens detected by hybridoma antibodies
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Hybridoma cells which secrete colorectal carcinoma-specific antibodies have been produced and used to study the antigenic structure of these tumor cells. Nineteen antibodies have been studied in detail, and 15 of these are colorectal carcinoma specific. Only two antibodies reactive with carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) have been discovered and five other antibodies that react with distinct epitopes on the cell surface have been defined. Several antigens with distinct molecular characteristics have been shown to exist by use of hybridoma antibodies. Six hybridoma antibodies have been shown to mediate antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC).
- Defendi, V., Ephrussi, B., Koprowski, H. (1964).Nature 203:495–496.
- Defendi, V., Ephrussi, B., Koprowski, H., and Yoshida, C. M. (1967).Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 57:299–305.
- Koprowski, H., Steplewski, Z., Herlyn, D., and Herlyn, M. (1978).Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 75:3405–3409.
- Steplewski, Z., Herlyn, M., Herlyn, D., Clark, W. H., and Koprowski, H. (1979).Eur. J. Immunol. 9:94–96.
- Herlyn, M., Steplewski, Z., Herlyn, D., and Koprowski, H. (1979).Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 76:1438–1442.
- Leibovitz, A., Stinson, J. C., McCombs, W. B., III, McCoy, C. E., and Mabry, N. D. (1976).Cancer Res. 36:4562–4569.
- Koprowski, H., Gerhard, W., and Croce, C. M. (1977).Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 74:2985–2988.
- Marchalonis, J. J., Cone, R. E., and Santer, V. (1971).Biochem. J. 124:921–927.
- Laemmli, U. K. (1970).Nature 227:680–685.
- Sell, S. (1978). InThe Handbook of Cancer Immunology, Vol. 3, (ed.) Waters, H. (Garland STPM Press, New York), pp. 1–69.
- Colorectal carcinoma antigens detected by hybridoma antibodies
Somatic Cell Genetics
Volume 5, Issue 6 , pp 957-971
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links