Male multiple orgasms: A descriptive study
Little is known about the phenomenon of multiple orgasms among men. The traditional view assumes there are two stages of orgasm in the healthy male: emission following orgasm almost instantly, followed by a refractory period. Contradictory experiences have been reported by men. Data from interviews with 21 multiply orgasmic men are presented. Men reported that detumescence does not always follow an orgasm, that a nonejaculatory orgasm can occur prior to as well as after an ejaculatory orgasm, and that it is possible to have a series of orgasms. Some of the men reported always having been multiply orgasmic, whereas others experienced it relatively late in life. Others have actively learned to become multiply orgasmic. It may be that our traditional expectations regarding the possible limited range of male orgasmic capacity have profoundly influenced men's behavior as well as research in this area.
- Brewer, J. S. (1985).The Kinsey Interview Kit The Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction, Bloomington, IN.
- Gebhard, P. H., and Johnson, A. B. (1979).The Kinsey Data: Marginal Tabulations of the 1938–1963 Interviews Conducted by the Institute for Sex Research W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia.
- Hartman, W., and Fithian, M. (1984).Any Man Can St. Martins Press, New York.
- Hirschfeld, M. (1944).Sexual Anomalies and Perversions Aldor, London.
- Kahn, F. (1939).Our Sex Life Knopf, New York.
- Kaplan, H. S. (1985). What you don't know about men.Redbook June, pp. 110–111.
- Kinsey, A. D., Pomeroy, W. B., Martin, C. E., and Gebhard, P. H. (1953).Sexual Behavior in the Human Female W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia.
- Kinsey, A. D., Pomeroy, W. B., and Martin, C. E. (1948).Sexual Behavior in the Human Male W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia.
- Krafft-Ebing, R. von (1938/1886).Psychopatia Sexualis Physicians and Surgeons Books, New York.
- Masters, W. H., and Johnson, V. E. (1966).Human Sexual Response Little, Brown and Company, Boston.
- Masters, W. H., Johnson, V. E., and Kolodny, R. C. (1986).Masters and Johnson on Sex and Human Loving Little, Brown and Company, Boston.
- Robbins, M. B., and Jensen, G. D. (1978). Multiple orgasm in males.J. Sex Res. 14: 21–26.
- Trost, J. E. (1986). Statistically nonrepresentative stratified sampling.Qual. Sociol. 9: 54–57.
- Male multiple orgasms: A descriptive study
Archives of Sexual Behavior
Volume 18, Issue 5 , pp 377-387
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- multiple orgasm
- refractory periods
- Industry Sectors