An extension of geometric programming with applications in engineering optimization
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An extension of geometric programming to handle rational functions of posynomials is presented. The solution technique consists of successive approximations of posynomials and solution of ordinary geometric programs. An example of a multistage heat exchanger system optimization illustrates the computational method.
- M. Avriel, Fundamentals of Geometric Programming, inApplications of Mathematical Programming, Techniques, Beale, E. M. L., (ed.), The English Universities Press, London, 1970.
- M. Avriel and D. J. Wilde, Optimal Condenser Design by Geometric Programming,Ind. Eng. Chem. Process Design and Dev., 6 (1967) 256–263.
- M. Avriel and D. J. Wilde, Engineering Design Under Uncertainty,Ind. Eng. Chem. Process Design and Dev., 8 (1969) 124–131.
- M. Avriel and A. C. Williams, Complementary Convex Programming, Mobil R&D Corp. Progress Memorandum, May 1968 (unpublished).
- M. Avriel and A. C. Williams, Complementary Geometric Programming,SIAM J. Appl. Math., 19 (1970) 125–141.
- S. G. Beveridge and R. S. Schechter,Optimization: Theory and Practice, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1970.
- G. E. Blau and D. J. Wilde, Generalized Polynomial Programming,Can. J. Chem. Eng., 47 (1969) 317–326.
- A. H. Boas, Optimization via Linear and Dynamic Programming,Chem. Eng., 70 April 1, 1963, 85–88.
- R. J. Duffin, E. L. Peterson and C. Zener,Geometric Programming, Wiley, New York, 1967.
- R. J. Duffin, Linearizing Geometric Programs,SIAM Rev., 12, 2 (1970) 211–237.
- C. D. Eben and J. R. Ferron, A Conjugate Inequality for General Means with Applications to Extremum Problems,A.I.Ch.E. J., 14 (1968) 32–37.
- L. T. Fan and C. S. Wang,The Discrete Maximum Principle, Wiley New York, 1964.
- U. Passy and D. J. Wilde, Generalized Polynomial Optimization,SIAM J. Appl. Math., 15 (1967) 1344–1356.
- U. Passy and D. J. Wilde, Mass Action and Polynomial Optimization,J. of Eng. Math., 3 (1969) 325–335.
- D. J. Wilde and C. S. Beightler,Foundations of Optimization, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1967.
- W. I. Zangwill,Nonlinear Programming: A Unified Approach, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1969.
- An extension of geometric programming with applications in engineering optimization
Journal of Engineering Mathematics
Volume 5, Issue 2 , pp 187-194
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors