Frankl's logotherapy: A new orientation in counseling
- James C. Crumbaugh
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper was delivered before the combined workshops for psychologists, chaplains, and ministers at the National institute for Rehabilitation of the Handicapped, Biloxi, Mississippi, March 18, 1969. The writer is indebted to theJournal of Graphoanalysis for permission to reproduce in the initial portion of the paper much material published in his similar article for personal counselors, September, 1968. Thanks are due also to Science and Behavior Books for permission to quote portions of Frankl's report of his logotherapeutic interview with an 80-year-old woman patient published inModern Psychotherapeutic Practice, edited by Arthur Burton.
James C. Crumbaugh, Ph.D., spent a number of years in teaching and research in psychology before assuming his present post as clinical psychologist in the Veterans Administration Hospital, Gulfort, Mississippi, in 1965. He is a member of the American Psychological Association and other professional organizations and author of many articles. He is preparing a book on logotherapy to be published next year.
- Frankl, V. E. (1955) The Doctor and the Soul: An Introduction to Logotherapy. Alfred A. Knopf, New York
- Crumbaugh, J. C., Maholick, L. T. (1964) An Experimental Study in Existentialism: The Psychometric Approach to Frakl's Concept ofNoögenic Neurosis. J. Clin. Psychol. 20: pp. 200-207
- Heimberg, L. K., “The Measurement of Future Time Perspective.” Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, Vanderbilt University, 1963.
- Rotter, J. B., Generalized Expectancies for Internal Versus External Control of Reinforcement,”Psychol. Monographs, 1966,80, (1), Whole No. 609.
- Frankl, Fragments from the Logotherapeutic Treatment of Four Cases. In: Burton, Arthur eds. (1965) Modern Psychotherapeutic Practice. Science and Behavior Books, Palo Alto
- Buber, Martin (1937) Ich und Du. Leipsig. Charles Scirbner's SonsT. and T. Clark, New YorkEdinburgh
- Frankl's logotherapy: A new orientation in counseling
Journal of Religion and Health
Volume 10, Issue 4 , pp 373-386
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links