Hospital Ethics Committees in practice: The case review function of four HECs in Connecticut
- Inga G. van der Heide M.A.
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This article is based on a study conducted from January to July, 1992 — "Hospital Ethics Committees — what are they doing? Exploring the case review function of four hospital ethics committees in Connecticut, U.S.A." The study fulfilled part of the requirements of the graduate program "Theory of Health Sciences" at the University of Limburg, Maastricht, the Netherlands.
- Griener, GG, Storch, JL (1991) Hospital ethics committees: Problems in evaluation. HEC Forum 4: pp. 5-18 CrossRef
- Moreno, JD (1990) What means this consensus? Ethics committees and philosophical tradition. Journal of Clinical Ethics 1: pp. 38-43
- Mahowald, MB (1989) Hospital ethics committees: Diverse and problematic. HEC Forum 1: pp. 237-46 CrossRef
- McCormick, RA (1984) Ethics committees: Promise or peril?. Law, Medicine, & Health Care 12: pp. 150-55
- Melley CD.A philosophical investigation of health care ethics committees: Ethics consultation and the role of the philosopher in the health care setting. (doctoral dissertation) Saarbrucken, Germany; 1991.
- Ross, JW (1989) Why cases sometimes go wrong. Hastings Center Report 19: pp. 22-23
- Wolf, SM (1991) Ethics Committees and due process: Nesting rights in a community of caring. Maryland Law Review 50: pp. 798-858
- Gibson, JM, Kushner, TK (1986) Will the "conscience of an institution" become society's servant?. Hastings Center Report 16: pp. 9-12
- Reich WT.Why hospital ethics committees? A moral assessment of the models by which they function. International Symposium on Ethics Committees in Hospitals. May, 1986 (unpublished).
- Tong, R (1991) The epistemology and ethics of consensus: Uses and misuses of "ethical" expertise. The Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 16: pp. 409-26
- Hospital Ethics Committees in practice: The case review function of four HECs in Connecticut
Volume 6, Issue 2 , pp 73-84
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links