Projection method for solving a singular system of linear equations and its applications
- Kunio Tanabe
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The iterative method for solving system of linear equations, due to Kaczmarz , is investigated. It is shown that the method works well for both singular and non-singular systems and it determines the affine space formed by the solutions if they exist. The method also provides an iterative procedure for computing a generalized inverse of a matrix.
- Forsythe, G. E. (1953) Solving linear algebraic equations can be interesting. Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 59: pp. 299-329
- Kaczmarz, S.: Angenäherte Auflösung von Systemen linearer Gleichungen. Bull. Acad. Polon. Sciences et Lettres, A, 355–357 (1937).
- Nagasaka, H. (1965) Error propagation in the solution of tridiagonal linear equations. Information Processing in Japan 5: pp. 38-44
- Penrose, R. (1955) A generalized inverse for matrices. Proc. Cambr. Phil. Soc. 51: pp. 406-413
- Robinson, D.W. (1962) On the generalized inverse of an arbitrary linear transformation. Amer. Math. Monthly 69: pp. 412-416
- Rosen, J. B. (1961) The gradient projection method for nonlinear programming. Part II, nonlinear constraints. J. Soc. Indust. Appl. Math. 9: pp. 514-532
- Tanabe, K.: An algorithm for the constrained maximization in nonlinear programming, Research Memorandum No. 31, The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, 1969.
- Projection method for solving a singular system of linear equations and its applications
Volume 17, Issue 3 , pp 203-214
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Kunio Tanabe (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, 4-6-7 Minami-Azabu Minatoku, Tokyo, Japan