The university and community mental health: A new trend?
- Dr. Harvey A. Farberman Ph.D.
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Community psychiatry is neither a simple social control system nor one that is expanding. Rather, it is a system that may well he retrenching and on a new institutional base, that is, the university campus. This raises questions about the emergence of a new academic medical elite and the subservience of ever larger sectors of the university to the goals of public social welfare.
- Andelman, D. Discharged mental patients create problems in state.New York Times, 1972, February 13, 59ff.
- Kreyes, W. Problems of communication in the field of community psychiatry.Community Mental Health Journal, 1971,7, 272–279.
- Krim, S.Views of a nearsighted cannoneer. New York: Dutton, 1961.
- Leifer, R. Community psychiatry and social power.Social Problems, 1966,14, 16–22.
- Michaelson, M. The war on health.The New York Review of Books, 1971,16, 32ff.
- N.A. Mental care: Charting a college role.Newsday, 1972, March 6, 17ff.
- Piedmont, E. Referrals and reciprocity: Psychiatrists, general practitioners, and clergymen.Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 1968,9, 29–41.
- Piedmont, E., & Downey, K. Revolutions in psychiatry: Or, the emperor's new clothes.The International Journal of Social Psychiatry, 1971,17, 111–121.
- Polanyi, M.Science, faith and society. Chicago: Phoenix Books, 1964.
- Szasz, T.Law, liberty, and psychiatry. New York: Macmillan, 1963.
- Van Antwerp, M. The route to primary prevention.Community Mental Health Journal, 1971,7, 183–188.
- The university and community mental health: A new trend?
Community Mental Health Journal
Volume 9, Issue 3 , pp 281-286
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Social Welfare, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 11790, New York