The university and community mental health: A new trend?
- Harvey A. FarbermanAffiliated withSchool of Social Welfare, State University of New York at Stony Brook
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Community psychiatry is neither a simple social control system nor one that is expanding. Rather, it is a system that may well he retrenching and on a new institutional base, that is, the university campus. This raises questions about the emergence of a new academic medical elite and the subservience of ever larger sectors of the university to the goals of public social welfare.
- The university and community mental health: A new trend?
Community Mental Health Journal
Volume 9, Issue 3 , pp 281-286
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Social Welfare, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 11790, New York