Mixed convection in non-Newtonian fluids along a vertical plate in a porous medium
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The problem of mixed convection from vertical surfaces in a porous medium saturated with a power-law type non-Newtonian fluid is investigated. The transformed conservation laws are solved numerically for the case of variable wall temperature conditions. Results for the details of the velocity and temperature fields as well as the Nusselt number have been presented. The viscosity index ranged from 0.5–2.0.
- Cheng, P., Minkowycz, W. J.: Free convection about a vertical plate embedded in a porous medium with application to heat transfer from a dike. J. Geophys. Res.82, 2040–2044 (1977).
- Gorla, R. S. R., Zinalabedini, A. H.: Free convection from a vertical plate with nonuniform surface temperature and embedded in a porous medium. Trans. ASME J. Energy Res. Techn.109, 26–30 (1987).
- Gorla, R. S. R., Tornabene, R.: Free convection from a vertical plate with nonuniform surface heat flux and embedded in a porous medium. Trans. Porous Media J.3, 95–106 (1988).
- Minkowycz, W. J., Cheng, P., Chang, C. H.: Mixed convection about a nonisothermal cylinder and sphere in a porous medium. Numer. Heat Transfer8, 349–359 (1985).
- Ranganathan, P., Viskanta, R.: Mixed convection boundary layer flow along a vertical surface in a porous medium. Numer. Heat Transfer7, 305–317 (1984).
- Hsieh, J. C., Chen, T. S., Armaly, B. F.: Nonsimilarity solutions for mixed convection from vertical surfaces in porous media. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer36, 1485–1493 (1993).
- Chen, H. T., Chen, C. K.: Natural convection of non-Newtonian fluids about a horizontal surface in a porous medium. Trans. ASME J. Energy Res. Techn.109, 119–123 (1987).
- Mehta, K. N., Rao, K. N.: Buoyancy-induced flow of non-Newtonian fluids in a porous medium past a vertical plate with nonuniform surface heat flux. Int. J. Eng. Sci.32, 297–302 (1994).
- Nakayama, A., Koyama, H.: Buoyancy-induced flow of non-Newtonian fluids over a non-isothermal body of arbitrary shape in a fluid-saturated porous medium. Appl. Sci. Res.48, 55–70 (1991).
- Mehta, K. N., Rao, K. N.: Buoyancy-induced flow of non-Newtonian fluids over a non-isothermal horizontal plate embedded in a porous medium. Int. J. Eng. Sci.32, 521–525 (1994).
- Christopher, R. H., Middleman, S.: Power-law flow through a packed tube. I & EC Fundamentals4, 422–426 (1965).
- Dharmadhikari, R. V., Kale, D. D.: Flow of non-Newtonian fluids through porous media. Chem. Eng. Sci.40, 527–529 (1985).
- Mixed convection in non-Newtonian fluids along a vertical plate in a porous medium
Volume 118, Issue 1-4 , pp 55-64
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors