A simplified proof of the real-time recognizability of palindromes on turing machines
- A. O. Slisenko
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A comparatively short proof is given of the recognizability of palindromes in real time on multitape Turing machines. It is based on the same idea as the original proof by the author, and on Z. Galil's idea for simplifying the proof by using the Fischer-Paterson algorithm for finding all symmetric suffixes in linear time.
- A. O. Slisenko, “The recognition of a predicate of symmetry by multitape Turing machines with input,” Tr. Mat. Inst. Akad. Nauk SSSR,129, 30–202 (1973).
- M. J. Fischer and M. S. Paterson, “String-matching and other products,” Complexity of Computations (SIAM-AMS Proc, Vol. 7) Providence, Rhode Island, 113–125 (1974).
- Yu. V. Matijasevich, “On real-time recognition of the occurrence of certain relations,” J. Sov. Math.,1, No. 1 (1973).
- J. H. Morris and V. R. Pratt, “A linear pattern-matching algorithm,” Tech. Rept. 40, Computing center, Univ. of California, Berkeley (1970).
- Z. Galil, “Real-time algorithms for string-matching and palindrome recognition,” 8th Ann. ACM Symp. Theory Comput., Hershey, Pensylvania, May, 1976, pp. 161–173.
- J. Seiferas and Z. Galil, “Real-time recognition of substring repetition and reversal,” Math. Systems Theory,11, No. 2, 111–146 (1977).
- P. C. Fischer, A. R. Meyer, and A. L. Rosenberg, “Real-time simulation of multihead tape units,” J. Assoc. Comput. Mach.,19, No. 4, 590–607 (1972).
- A simplified proof of the real-time recognizability of palindromes on turing machines
Journal of Soviet Mathematics
Volume 15, Issue 1 , pp 68-77
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors