SPRING 1989, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp 338-360
“Making” history: The Vikings in the American Heartland
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Blegen, T. (1968).The Kensington Runestone: New Light on an Old Riddle. St. Paul: The Minnesota Historical Society.
- Cole, J.R. (1980). “Cult Archaeoloey and Unscientific Method and Theory,” pp. 1–33 InAdvances in Archaeological Method and Theory, Vol. 3, edited by M.D. Schiffer. New York: Academic Press.
- Enterline, J.R. (1972).Viking America: The Norse Crossings and Their Legacy. Garden City, NY: Doubleday.
- Fridley, R. (1976). “The Case of the Gran Tapes,” pp. 152–56 inMinnesota History, Vol. 45, No. 4.
- Friedrich, O.L. (1984).Early Vikings and the Ice Age. Orval Friedrich.
- Hall, R.A., Jr. (1982).The Kensington Runestone is Genuine: Linguistic, Practical, Methodological Considerations. Columbia, S.C.: Hornbeam Press.
- Holand, H.R. (1962).A Pre-Columbian Crusade to America. New York: Twayne Publishers.
- Holand, H.R. (1959).A Holy Mission to Minnesota 600 Years Ago. Alexandria, MN: Park Region Publishing Co.
- Holand, H.R. (1956).Explorations in America Before Columbus. New York: Twayne Publishers.
- Holand, H.R. (1940).Norse Discoveries and Explorations in America. New York: Dover Publications.
- Hughey, M.W. (1982). “The New Conservatism: Political Ideology and Class Structure in America,”Social Research, Vol. 49, No. 1 (Fall); 791–829.
- Marks, S. (1980). “South Africa: The Myth of the Empty Land,” inHistory Today, Vol. 30; 7–12.
- Michlovic, M.G. and Hughey, M.W. (1983). “Norse Blood and Indian Character: Content, Context, and Transformation of Popular Mythology”Journal of Ethnic Studies, Vol. 10, No. 3 (Fall); 79–94.
- Minnesota House of Representatives (1987).Mini-Session Report 2 (8). St. Paul: Public Information Office.
- Pohl, F.J. (1972).The Viking Settlements of North America. NY: C.N. Potter.
- Reardon, James M. (1952).The Catholic Church in the Diocese of St. Paul. St. Paul. MN: North Central Publishing Co.
- Redmond, J.R. (1979). “Viking” Hoaxes in North America. New York: Carlton Press, Inc.
- Vidich, A.J. (1987). “Religion, Economics and Class in American Politics,”International Journal of Politics, Culture and Society, Vol. 1, No. 1. (Fall); 4–22.
- Wahlgren, E. (1958).The Kensington Stone: A Mystery Solved. Madison: The University of Wisconsin Press.
- Wallace, B.L. (1971). “Some Points of Controversy,” InThe Quest for America, edited by G. Ashe. New York: Praeger Publishers.
- “Making” history: The Vikings in the American Heartland
International Journal of Politics, Culture, and Society
Volume 2, Issue 3 , pp 338-360
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Human Sciences Press
- Additional Links