Percolation in half-spaces: equality of critical densities and continuity of the percolation probability
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Renormalization arguments are developed and applied to independent nearest-neighbor percolation on various subsets ℕ of ℤ d ,d≧2, yielding:
Equality of the critical densities,p c (ℕ), for ℕ a half-space, quarter-space, etc., and (ford>2) equality with the limit of slab critical densities.
Continuity of the phase transition for the half-space, quarter-space, etc.; i.e., vanishing of the percolation probability,θ ℕ(p), atp=p c (ℕ).
Corollaries of these results include uniqueness of the infinite cluster for such ℕ's and sufficiency of the following for proving continuity of the full-space phase transition: showing that percolation in the full-space at densityp implies percolation in the half-space at thesame density.
- Percolation in half-spaces: equality of critical densities and continuity of the percolation probability
Probability Theory and Related Fields
Volume 90, Issue 1 , pp 111-148
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of California, 95616, Davis, CA, USA
- 2. School of Mathematics, University of Bristol, BS8 1TW, Bristol, England, UK
- 3. Department of Mathematics, University of Arizona, 85721, Tucson, AZ, USA