Contact infection of mink with influenza A viruses of avian and mammalian origin
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Avian influenza A virus Hav 7 N 2 was transmitted to mink by contact. Other avian influenza A viruses, Hav 4 Nav 1 and Hav 6 Nav 5, were not transmitted, and human, swine and equine influenza A viruses were transmitted to mink by a similar contact.
- Hinshaw, V. S., Webster, R. G., Rodriguez, R. J.: Influenza A viruses: Combinations of hemagglutinin and neuraminidase subtypes isolated from animals and other sources. Arch. Virol.62, 281–290 (1979).
- Kida, H., Yanagawa, R.: Isolation and characterization of influenza A viruses from wild free-flying ducks in Hokkaido, Japan. Zbl. Bakt. Hyg., I. Abt. Orig.A 244, 135–143 (1979).
- Laver, W. G., Webster, R. G.: Studies on the origin of pandemic influenza. III. Evidence implicating duck and equine influenza viruses as possible progenitors of the Hong Kong strain of human influenza. Virology51, 383–391 (1973).
- Matsuoka, Y., Kida, H., Yanagawa, R.: Isolation of an influenza virus subtype Hav 4 Nav 1 from a budgerigar. Microbiol. Immunol.23, 35–38 (1979).
- Matsuura, Y., Yanagawa, R., Noda, H.: Experimental infection of mink with influenza A viruses. Arch. Virol.62, 71–76 (1979).
- Schild, G. C., Newman, R. W., Webster, R. G., Major, D., Hinshaw, V. S.: Antigenic analysis of influenza A virus surface antigens: Considerations for the nomenclature of influenza virus. Arch. Virol.63, 171–184 (1980).
- Sever, J. L.: Application of a microtechnique to viral serological investigations. J. Immunol.88, 320–329 (1962).
- Webster, R. G.: On the origin of pandemic influenza viruses. Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol.59, 75–105 (1972).
- Webster, R. G., Laver, W. G.: Studies on the origin of pandemic influenza. I. Antigenic analysis of A2 influenza viruses isolated before and after the appearance of Hong Kong influenza using antisera to the isolated hemagglutinin subunits. Virology48, 433–444 (1972).
- Contact infection of mink with influenza A viruses of avian and mammalian origin
Archives of Virology
Volume 68, Issue 2 , pp 143-145
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors