Renormalized field theory of critical dynamics
- R. BauschAffiliated withInstitut für Festkörperforschung, Kernforschungsanlage Jülich GmbH
- , H. K. JanssenAffiliated withInstitut für Festkörperforschung, Kernforschungsanlage Jülich GmbH
- , H. WagnerAffiliated withInstitut für Festkörperforschung, Kernforschungsanlage Jülich GmbH
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We formulate a Gell'Mann-Low-type renormalization group approach to the critical dynamics of stochastic models described by Langevin or Fokker-Planck equations including mode-coupling terms.
Dynamical correlation and response functions are expressed in terms of path integrals, which are investigated by well-known methods of renormalized perturbation theory.
Dynamical scaling laws and relations between static and dynamic critical exponents are derived. The leading temperature-dependence of correlation and response functions is obtained from the Kadanoff-Wilson short-distance expansion. We also consider corrections to dynamic scaling which are due to a finite lattice constant.
- Renormalized field theory of critical dynamics
Zeitschrift für Physik B Condensed Matter
Volume 24, Issue 1 , pp 113-127
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links