Gedanken zur Vier-Farben-Vermutung
- Herbert Fleischner
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is shown that the four colour conjecture is equivalent to a conjecture on the existence of spanning Eulerian subgraphs of a certain type in triangulations of the plane. From this, a simple proof of Heawood's Equivalence Theorem is given. Moreover, an elementary operation is defined for triangulations of the plane; and by repeated application of this operation one can construct a given colouring from another given colouring.
- Fleischner, H.: On regulating sets and the disparity of planar cubic graphs. (Erscheint im Canadian Mathematical Bulletin.)
- Fleischner, H., Roy, P. (1974) Distribution of points of odd degree in certain triangulations in the plane. Mh. Math. 78: pp. 385-390
- Harary, F. (1971) Graph Theory. Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass.
- Gedanken zur Vier-Farben-Vermutung
Monatshefte für Mathematik
Volume 79, Issue 3 , pp 201-211
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links