Fractionally colouring total graphs
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Bchzad and Vizing have conjectured that given any simple graph of maximum degree Δ, one can colour its edges and vertices with Δ+2 colours so that no two adjacent vertices, or two incident edges, or an edge and either of its ends receive the same colour. We show that for any simple graphG, V(G)ϒE(G) can be fractionally coloured with Δ+2 colours.
- M. Behzad: Graphs and their chromatic numbers,Doctoral Thesis (Michigan State University)., (1965).
- J. Edmonds: Maximum matching and a polyhedron with 0,1 vertices,Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards (B) 69 (1965), 125–130.
- D. R. Fulkerson: Anti-blocking polyhedra,J. Combinatorial Theory B 12 (1972). 50–71.
- H. R. Hind: An upper bound on the total chromatic number.,Graphs and Combinatorics 6 (1990), 153–158.
- J. Ryan: Fractional total colouring,Discrete Appl. Math. 27 (1990), 287–292.
- N. Vijayaditya: On the total chromatic number of a graph,J. London Math. Soc. (2)3 (1971), 405–408.
- V. G. Vizing: Some unsolved problems in graph theory (in Russian),Uspekhi Math. Nauk. 23 (1968), 117–134.
- Fractionally colouring total graphs
Volume 13, Issue 4 , pp 435-440
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- 05 C 15
- 05 C 70
- 90 C 10
- Industry Sectors