Products of Nevanlinna-Pick kernels and operator colligations
- Andrew T. Tomerlin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The Schur classS d of analytic functionsf ofd complex variables for whichf(T 1,T 2,...,T d ) has norm at most one for everyd-tuple of commuting strict contractions is characterized by J. Agler  in terms of a Szego kernel factorization property and in terms of a transfer function of a certain type ofd-variable unitary colligation. Replacing the Szego kernel by positive kernels whose reciprocal has one positive square we can define a new Schur class in terms of a kernel factorization property. By using, in part, the approach found in Ball and Trent , we characterize this Schur class in terms of a transfer function of a certain type of unitary colligation. Further, with these results we establish a Nevanlinna-Pick interpolation theorem for our Schur class. Such interpolation theorems already exist in the literature for two special cases where  all kernels are taken to be the Szego kernel, and  d=1.
- J. Agler,On the representation of certain holomorphic functions defined on the polydisk, in Topics in Operator Theory: Ernst D. Hellinger Memorial Volume (L. de Branges, I. Gohberg, and J. Rovnyak, eds.), Operator Theory and Applications, vol. 48, Birkhauser-Verlag, Basel, 1990, pp. 46–47.
- —,Nevanlinna-Pick interpolation on Sobolev space, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.108 (1990), 341–351.
- J.A. Ball and T.T. Trent,Unitary Colligations, Reproducing Kernel Hilbert Spaces, and Nevanlinna-Pick Interpolation in Several Variables, Journal of Functional Analysis157 (1998), 1–61.
- D. Alpay, A. Dijksma, J. Rovnyak, and H. de Snoo,Schur functions, operator colligations, and reproducing kernel Pontryagin spaces, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications Birkhauser-Verlag, Basel, 1997.
- R.S. Clancy, S. McCullough,Projective modules and Hilbert spaces with a Nevanlinna-Pick kernel, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.126 (1998), 3299–3305.
- J.A. Ball, T. Trent, and V. Vinnikov,Interpolation and commutant lifting for multipliers on reproducing kernel hilbert spaces, preprint submitted for publication.
- Products of Nevanlinna-Pick kernels and operator colligations
Integral Equations and Operator Theory
Volume 38, Issue 3 , pp 350-356
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Primary: 47A48
- Secondary: 47A57
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of Florida, Box 118105, 32611, Gainesville, FL