Investigation of the fusion reaction27Al+236U→263105 at excitation energies of 57 MeV and 65 MeV
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The neutron-deficient isotopes257,258105 were produced in the reaction27Al+236u in 6n and 5n evaporation channels, respectively. The evaporation residues emerging from the target were separated in-flight from the projectiles and from products of different nuclear reactions by the electrostatic separator VASSILISSA . The isotopes were then implanted into position-sensitive silicon detectors and identified using the α-α-correlation method. The measured production cross-section is σ(5n)=(0.45±0.20)nb atE P =154 MeV and σ(6n)=(0.075±0.055) nb atE P =163 MeV. These cross-sections are compared with data measured for the same isotopes in the more symmetrical reaction50Ti+209Bi.
- A.V.Yeremin et al., Nucl. Instr. Meth., A274 (1989), p. 528
- G.Münzenberg, Rep. Prog. Phys. 51 (1988) p. 57
- P.Armbruster, Ann. Rev. Nucl. Part. Sci. 35 (1985) p. 135
- A.N.Andreyev et. al., Int. Symp. Nikko 91, Japan, 6–8 June, 1991. Preprint JINR, E-15-91-411, Dubna 1991.
- F.P.Hessberger et. al., Z. Phys. A 322 (1985) p. 557.
- Investigation of the fusion reaction27Al+236U→263105 at excitation energies of 57 MeV and 65 MeV
Zeitschrift für Physik A Hadrons and Nuclei
Volume 344, Issue 2 , pp 225-226
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Flerov Laboratory of Nuclear Reactions, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, 141980, Dubna, Russia
- 2. Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung mbH, W-6100, Darmstadt, Germany
- 3. Comenius University, Bratislava, CSFR