Transient thermal stress analysis of multilayered hollow cylinder
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper deals with the transient response of one-dimensional axisymmetric quasistatic coupled thermoelastic problems. Laplace transform and finite difference methods are used to analyze the problems. Using the Laplace transform with respect to time, the general solutions of the governing equations are obtained in the transform domain. The solution is obtained by using the matrix similarity transformation and inverse Laplace transform. We obtain solutions for the temperature and thermal stress distribution in a transient state. Moreover, the computational procedures established in this article can solve the generalized thermoelasticity problem for a multilayered hollow cylinder with orthotropic material properties.
- Takeuti, Y., Furukawa, T.: Some consideration on thermal shock problem in a plate. J. Appl. Mech., ASME48, 113–118 (1981).
- Ghosn, A. H., Sabbaghian, M.: Quasi-static coupled problems of thermoelasticity for cylindrical regions. J. Thermal Stresses5, 299–313 (1982).
- Prevost, J. H., Tao, D.: Finite element analysis of dynamic coupled thermoelasticity problems with relaxation time. J. Appl. Mech., ASME50, 817–822 (1983).
- Sherief, H. H., Anwar, M. N.: A problem in generalized thermoelasticity for an infinitely long annular cylinder. Int. J. Eng. Sci.26, 301–306 (1988).
- Sherief, H. H., Anwar, M. N.: A problem in generalized thermoelasticity for an infinitely long annular cylinder composed of two different materials. J. Therm. Stresses12, 529–543 (1989).
- Wu, N., Rauch, B. J., Kessel, P. G.: Perturbation solution to the response of orthotropic cylindrical shells using the generalized theory of thermoelasticity. J. Therm. Stresses14, 465–477 (1991).
- Yang, Y. C., Chen, C. K.: Thermoelastic transient response of an infinitely long annular cylinder composed of two different materials. J. Eng. Sci.24, 569–581 (1986).
- Chen, H. T., Chen, C. K.: Application of hybrid Laplace transform finite-different method to transient heat conduction problem. Numer. Heat Transfer14, 343–356 (1988).
- Chen, H. T., Chen, T. M., Chen, C. K.: Hybrid Laplace transform finite-element method for one-dimensional transient heat conduction problems. Comp. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng.63, 83–95 (1987).
- Chen, C. K., Chen, T. M.: New hybrid Laplace transform/finite element method applied to linear transient heat conduction problems. J. Chin. Soc. Mech. Eng.12, 280–289 (1991).
- Chen, C. K., Chen, T. M.: New hybrid Laplace transform/finite element method for three-dimensional transient heat conduction problem. Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng.32, 45–61 (1991).
- Transient thermal stress analysis of multilayered hollow cylinder
Volume 151, Issue 1-2 , pp 75-88
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors