Miller's theorem revisited
- S. C. Dutta Roy
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Miller's theorem is generally used for approximate analysis of high-frequency amplifier circuits. That it can be used without much difficulty for the exact analysis of such circuits as well as others, including passive networks, does not appear to be widely recognized in the literature. Although formulated and proved in 1972, the dual of Miller's theorem has hardly ever been used. In this paper, we present the exact analysis of a number of circuits of practical interest with the help of either Miller's theorem or its dual or both, almost by inspection.
- E. J. Angelo,Electronic Circuits, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1964.
- E. J. Angelo,Electronics: BJT's, FET's and Microcircuits, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1969.
- S. C. Dutta Roy, On some three terminal lumped and distributed RC null networks,IEEE Trans. Circuit Theory, vol. CT-11, 98–103, March 1964.
- S. C. Dutta Roy, A quick method for analyzing parallel networks,Internat. J. Elect. Engnrg. Educ., vol. 13, 70–75, January 1976.
- S. C. Dutta Roy, Analysis of a high-frequency transistor stage,Students J., Inst. Electron. Telecommun. Engrs., vol. 29, 5–7, January 1988.
- P. R. Gray and R. G. Meyer,Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits, 3rd ed., John Wiley, New York, 1993.
- R. C. Jaeger,Microelectronic Circuit Design, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1997.
- D. Johns and K. Martin,Analog Integrated Circuit Design, John Wiley, New York, 1997.
- M. A. Kazimierczuk, A network theorem dual to Miller's theorem,IEEE Trans. Educ., vol. E-31, 265–269, November 1988.
- F. F. Kuo,Network Analysis and Synthesis, John Wiley, New York, 1966.
- J. Millman and A. Grabel,Microelectronics, 2nd ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 1987.
- J. Millman and C. C. Halkias,Integrated Electronics: Analog and Digital Circuits and Systems, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1972.
- M. H. Rashid,Microelectronic Circuits: Analysis and Design, PWS Publishing, Boston, MA, 1999.
- T. S. Rathore, Generalized Miller's theorem and its applications,IEEE Trans. Educ., vol. E-32, 386–390, August 1989.
- A. S. Sedra and K. C. Smith,Microelectronic Circuits, 4th ed., Oxford University Press, New York, 1998.
- Miller's theorem revisited
Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing
Volume 19, Issue 6 , pp 487-499
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Miller's theorem
- dual of Miller's theorem
- general network analysis
- Industry Sectors
- S. C. Dutta Roy (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Hauz Khas, 110 016, New Delhi, India