Generalized Robinson-Schensted-Knuth correspondence
- S. V. Fomin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The Robinson-Schensted-Knuth correspondence RSK associates with any permutation a pair of paths in a Young graph. The duality theorem for finite partially ordered sets associates with each such set a Young diagram. An independent account is given of the theory of these correspondences, in which the first of them arises on the basis of the second as a concrete version of the construction of “two-dimensional growth,” generalizing RSK to a large class of graded graphs.
- G. de B. Robinson, “On the representations of the symmetric group,” Am. J. Math.,60, 746–760 (1938).
- C. Schensted, “Longest increasing and decreasing subsequences,” Can. J. Math.,13, No. 2, 179–191 (1961).
- D. E. Knuth, “Permutation matrices and generalized Young tableaux,” Pac. J. Math.,34, 709–727 (1970).
- G. James, Theory of Representations of Symmetric Groups [Russian translation], Moscow (1982).
- A. M. Vershik, “Supplement of the editor of the translation,” in: G. James, Theory of Representations of Symmetric Groups [Russian translation], Moscow (1982).
- R. P. Stanley, “Theory and application of plane partitions,” Studies in Appl. Math.,1, 167–188, 259–279 (1971).
- M.-P. Schützenberger, “La correspondance de Robinson,” Lect. Notes Math.,579, 59–113 (1977).
- G. Andrews, Theory of Partitions [Russian translation], Moscow (1982).
- C. Greene, “An extension of Schensted's theorem,” Adv. Math.,14, No. 2, 254–265 (1974).
- C. Greene and D. Kleitman, “The structure of Sperner k-families,” J. Combust. Theory (A),20, 41–68 (1976).
- C. Greene, “Some partitions associated with a partially ordered set,” J. Combust. Theory (A),20, 69–79 (1976).
- S. V. Fomin, “Finite partially ordered sets and Young diagrams,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,243, No. 5, 1144–1147 (1978).
- D. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming [Russian translation], Vol. 3, Sorting and Search, Moscow (1978).
- S. V. Kerov and A. M. Vershik, “The characters of the infinite symmetric group and probability properties of the Robinson-Schensted-Knuth algorithm,” SIAM J. Alg. Disc. Math.,7, No. 1, 116–124 (1986).
- A. M. Vershik and S. V. Kerov, “Asymptotics of the Plancherel measure of the symmetric group and limit form of Young tableaux,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,233, 1024–1027 (1977).
- M. Aigner, Combinatorial Theory [Russian translation], Moscow (1982).
- G. Birkhoff, Lattice Theory [Russian translation], Moscow (1984).
- J. Riordan, Introduction to Combinatorial Analysis [Russian translation], Moscow (1963).
- M.-P. Schützenberger, “Quelques remarques sur une construction de Schensted,” Math. Scand.,12, 117–128 (1963).
- R. P. Dilworth, “A decomposition theorem for partially ordered sets,” Ann. Math.,51, 161–166 (1950).
- L. R. Ford and D. R. Fulkerson, Flows in Networks [Russian translation], Moscow (1963).
- A. Aho, J. Hopcroft, and J. Ulman, Construction and Analysis of Computational Algorithms [Russian translation], Moscow (1979).
- R. P. Stanely, “The Fibonacci lattice,” Fibonacci Quarterly,13, 215–232 (1975).
- A. M. Vershik and S. V. Kerov, “Locally semisimple algebras. Combinatorial theory and the K0-functor,” in: Contemporary Problems of Mathematics. Latest Achievements. Results of Science and Technology [in Russian], Vol. 26, VINITI, Moscow (1985), pp. 3–56.
- Generalized Robinson-Schensted-Knuth correspondence
Journal of Soviet Mathematics
Volume 41, Issue 2 , pp 979-991
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors