Vector-valued rational forms
- D. E. Roberts
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We define rational Hermite interpolants to vector-valued functions and show that, in the context of Clifford algebras, the numerator and denominator polynomials belong to a complex extension of the Lipschitz group. We also discuss the problem of constructing an algebraic representation for the generalized inverse of a vector, which is at the heart of the usual development of vector rational approximation.
- P. Wynn, “Acceleration techniques for iterative vector and matrix problems,”Math. Comp. 16, 301–322 (1962).
- D. A. Smith, W. F. Ford and A. Sidi, “Extrapolation methods for vector sequences,”SIAM Rev. 29, 199–233 (1987).
- D. E. Roberts and P. R. Graves-Morris, “The application of generalised inverse rational intepolants in the modal analysis of vibrating structures I,” inAlgorithms for Approximation, J. C. Mason and M. G. Cox, eds. (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1987).
- P. R. Graves-Morris, “Solution of integral equations using generalised inverse, function-valued Padé approximants I,”J. Comput. Appl. Math. 32, 117–134 (1990).
- P. R. Graves-Morris and R. Thukral, “Solution of integral equations using function-valued Padé approximants II,”Numerical Algorithms 3, 223–234 (1992).
- J. B. McLeod, “A note on the ɛ-algorithm,”Computing 7, 17–24 (1971).
- P. Wynn, “Vector continued factions,”Linear Algebra Appl. 1, 357–395 (1968).
- P. R. Graves-Morris, “Vector-valued rational interpolants I,”Numer. Math. 42, 331–348 (1983).
- P. R. Graves-Morris and C. D. Jenkins, “Generalised inverse vector-valued rational interpolation,”Padé Approximation and Its Applications, Bad Honnef, 1983, H. Werner and H. J. Bünger, eds. (Springer, Berlin, 1984), pp. 144–156.
- P. R. Graves-Morris and C. D. Jenkins, “Vector-valued rational interpolants III,”Constr. Approx. 2, 263–289 (1986).
- D. E. Roberts, “Clifford algebras and vector-valued rational forms I,”Proc. R. Soc. London A. 431, 285–300 (1990).
- D. E. Roberts, “Clifford algebras and vector-valued rational forms II,”Numerical Algorithms 3, 371–382 (1992).
- P. Lounesto, “Clifford algebras and Hestenes spinors,”Found. Phys. 23, 1203–1237 (1993).
- G. A. Baker, Jr., and P. R. Graves-Morris,Padé Approximants (Encyclopaedia of Mathematics and Its Applications13 and14) (Addison-Wesley, Reading, Massachusetts, 1981).
- P. R. Graves-Morris and D. E. Roberts, “From matrix to vector Padé approximants,”J. Comput. Appl. Math., in press.
- L. V. Ahlfors and P. Lounesto, “Some remarks on Clifford algebras,”Complex Variables 12, 201–209 (1989).
- R. D. Schafer,An Introduction to Non-Associative Algebras (Academic, New York, 1966).
- Vector-valued rational forms
Foundations of Physics
Volume 23, Issue 11 , pp 1521-1533
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- D. E. Roberts (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Mathematics Department, Napier University, Craiglockhart Site, 219 Colinton Road, EH14 1DJ, Edinburgh, United Kingdom