Probability distributions of the Kolmogorov and omega-square statistics for continuous distributions with shift and scale parameters
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The paper is devoted to the application of the statistical Kolmogorov and omega-square criteria to verification of a complex hypothesis H0 according to which the independent, identically and continuously distributed random variables X1,...,Xn have the law G[(x−θ 1)/θ 2].
- H. Cramer, Mathematical Methods of Statistics, Princeton Univ. Press (1946).
- D. A. Darling, “The Cramer-Smirnov test in the parametric case,” Ann. Math. Statist.,26, 1–20 (1956).
- I. I. Gikhman and A. V. Skorokhod (eds.), Theory of Stochastic Processes, Halsted Press (1975).
- G. V. Martynov, Omega-Square Criteria [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).
- J. Durbin, Distribution Theory for Tests Based on the Sample Distribution Function, SIAM, Philadelphia.
- L. N. Bol'shev and N. V. Smirnov, Tables of Mathematical Statistics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).
- N. V. Smirnov, Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics [in Russian], Selected Works, Nauka, Moscow (1970), pp. 60–78.
- I. I. Gikhman, “Some remarks on the consistency criterion of A, N. Kolmogorov,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,91, No. 4, 715–718 (1953).
- D. M. Chibisov, “On asymptotic power and the effectiveness of theω 2 criterion,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,18, No. 2, 322–325 (1961).
- D. M. Chibisov, “Investigation of the power of some nonparametric criteria,” Teor. Veroyatn. Primen.,8, No. 3, 355–356 (1962).
- G. V. Martynov, “Computation of limit distributions of statistics of criteria for normality of typeω 2,” Teor. Veroyatn. Primen.,21, No. 1, 3–15 (1976).
- S. R. Rao, Linear Statistical Methods and Their Applications [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1968).
- L. N. Bol'shev, “Detecting rough errors in the result of observations,” International Summer School on Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics, Varna (1974), pp. 8–41.
- A. N. Kolmogorov, “Unshifted estimates,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR,14 (1950).
- N. Rosenblatt, “Remarks on a multivariate transformation,” Ann. Math. Statist.,23 (1952).
- K. Sarkadi, “On testing for normality,” Proceedings of the 5th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability (1966), pp. 373–387.
- J. Durbin, “Weak convergence of the sample distribution function when parameters are estimated,” Ann. Math. Statist.,1, 279–290 (1973).
- L. N. Bol'shev, “On the question of testing 'exponentiality,” Teor. Veroyatn. Primen.,11, No. 3, 542–544 (1966).
- Yu. V. Prokhorov, “Characterization of a class of distributions by the distribution of some statistic,” Teor. Veroyatn. Primen.,10, No. 3, 479–487 (1965).
- M. L. Donsker, “Justification and extension of Doob's heuristic approach to the Kolmogorov-Smirnov theorems,” Ann. Math. Statist.,23, 277–281 (1952).
- G. V. Martynov, “Computation of limit distributions of statistics of criteria for normality of the typeω 2,” Teor. Veroyatn. Primen.,18, 671–673 (1976).
- L. N. Bol'shev and N. V. Smirnov, Tables of Mathematical Statistics [in Russian], Izd. VTs Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow (1968).
- L. N. Bol'shev, “On criteria of eliminating sharply distinguished observations,” Tr. Inst. Prikl. Mat., Tomsk. Gos. Univ.,II (1969), pp. 159–177.
- Probability distributions of the Kolmogorov and omega-square statistics for continuous distributions with shift and scale parameters
Journal of Soviet Mathematics
Volume 20, Issue 3 , pp 2147-2164
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors