On the frequency limitations of the circuits based on second generation current conveyors
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An equivalent circuit for the translinear implementation of the second generation current conveyors with positive or negative current transfer is given. This circuit takes into account the various parasitic elements of the conveyor which induce frequency limitations (gain values, poles of the transfers, and parasitic impedances). The methods allowing the determination of the values for these parasitic elements are indicated and discussed. The effect of each element on the frequency responses of the circuits using the conveyors are studied in every detail. The frequency behavior of two circuits are analyzed as examples: a voltage amplifier without feedback and two configurations for a second order biquad filter operating in current-mode. All the theoretical results of the analysis are well confirmed from SPICE simulations.
- Fabre, A., Alami, M., “Insensitive current-mode biquad implementation based on translinear current conveyors,”IEEE Proceedings of the EUROASIC'90 Conf., pp. 126-130, Paris, 2–4 June, 1992.
- Toumazou, C., Lidgey, F. G., Haigh, D. G. (1990) Analog IC Design: The Current Mode Approach. Peter Peregrinus, London
- Wilson, B. (1990) Recent developments in current conveyors and current mode circuit. IEE Proceedings 137: pp. 63-77
- Sedra, A. S., Smith, K. C. (1970) A second generation current conveyor and its applications. IEEE Transactions on Circuit Theory CT17: pp. 132-134
- Sedra, A. S., Roberts, G. W., Gohh, F. (1990) The current conveyor: history, progress and new results. IEE Proceedings 137: pp. 78-87
- Fabre, A., Alami, M., “A versatile translinear cell-library to implement high performance analog ASICS,”IEEE Proceedings of the EUROASIC'90 Conf., pp. 89-94, Paris, 29–31 May, 1990.
- Wilson, B. (1984) High performance conveyor implementation. Electronics Letters 20: pp. 990-991
- Fabre, A. (1985) Translinear current conveyors implementation. International Journal of Electronics 59: pp. 619-623
- Huertas, J. L. (1980) Circuit implementation of current conveyor. Electronics Letters 15: pp. 225-226
- Normand, G. (1985) Translinear current conveyor. International Journal of Electronics 59: pp. 771-777
- Wilson, B., “Current-mode circuits: Analysis and CAD modeling,”IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, New Orleans, pp. 3242-3245, May 1990.
- Wilson, B. (1989) Performance analysis of current conveyors. Electronics Letters 25: pp. 1596-1598
- Celma, S., Martinez, P. A., Carlosena, A. (1992) Minimal realisation for single resistor controlled sinusoidal oscillator using single CCII. Electronics Letters 25: pp. 443-444
- Martinez, P. A., Celma, S. (1993) Design condition for sinusoidal oscillators using single CCII+. International Journal of Electronics 75: pp. 87-90
- Koli, K. and Halonen, K., “Current-conveyor subscriber line interface circuits,”IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 1384-1387, 1992.
- 1.8 GHz Network and Spectrum Analyser, Technical Data. Hewlett Packard, Palo Alto, CA 94304
- ALA200 Family, Instruction Manual, Allentown, PA 18103: AT&T Microelectronics, 1989.
- Fabre, A. (1993) Insensitive voltage-mode and current-mode filters from commercially available transimpedance op amps. IEE Proceedings 140: pp. 319-321
- Fabre, A., Alami, M. (1991) Insensitive current-mode bandpass filter implemented from two current conveyors. Electronics Letters 27: pp. 897-899
- On the frequency limitations of the circuits based on second generation current conveyors
Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing
Volume 7, Issue 2 , pp 113-129
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors