On the role and the properties ofn body central configurations
- Donald G. Saari
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The role central configurations play in the analysis ofn body systems is outlined. Emphasis is placed on collision orbits, expanding gravitational systems, andn body ‘zero radial velocity’ surfaces. In the second half of the paper, properties of cenral configurations are discussed. Here, emphasis is placed on describing a different approach to analyze these configurations, one which is related to the classical problem of the weightedsth mean values of a vector. This approach is illustrated by discussing the non-degeneracy of central configurations and by describing central configurations in various dimensions. This is a written version of a talk given at Oberwolfach, August, 1978.
- Easton, R.: 1971,J. Diff. Eqs. 10, 371.
- Marchal, C. and Saari, D. G.: 1975,Celest. Mech. 12, 115.
- Marchal, C. and Saari, D. G.: 1976,J. Diff. Eqs. 20, 150.
- Moulton, F. R.: 1910,Ann. Math 12, 1.
- Palmore, J.: 1976,Ann. Math. 104, 421–429.
- Pollard, H.: 1966,A Mathematical Introduction to Celestial Mechanics, Prentice-Hall. Now a Carus Monograph, M.A.A.
- Pollard, H. and Saari, D. G.: 1968,Arch. Rath. Mech. Anal. 30, 263.
- Saari, D. G.: 1971,Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 156, 219.
- Saari, D. G.: 1976,Celest. Mech. 14, 11.
- Smale, S.: 1970,Inventiones Math. 11, 45–64.
- Szebehely, V.: 1967,Theory of Orbits, Academic Press, New York.
- Waldvogel, J.: 1972,Celest. Mech. 5, 37.
- Wintner, A.: 1941,The Analytical Foundations of Celestial Mechanics, Princeton University Press.
- On the role and the properties ofn body central configurations
Volume 21, Issue 1 , pp 9-20
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Donald G. Saari (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University, 60201, Evanston, Illinois, USA