Extremal measures for a system of orthogonal polynomials
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We characterize the extremal measures of an indeterminate moment problem associated with a system of orthogonal polynomials defined by a three-term recurrence relation.
- W. A. Al-Salam, T. S. Chihara (1976).:Convolutions of orthogonal polynomials. SIAM J. Math. Anal.,7: 16–28.
- R. A. Askey, M. E. H. Ismail (1984):Recurrence relations, continued fractions and orthogonal polynomials. Mem. Amer. Math. Soc.,49: no. 300.
- R. A. Askey, J. A. Wilson (1985):Some basic hypergeometric orthogonal polynomials that generalize Jacobi polynomials. Mem. Amer. Math. Soc.,54: no. 319.
- G. Gasper, M. Rahman (1990): Basic Hypergeometric Series. Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications vol. 35. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- M. E. H. Ismail, D. R. Masson (to appear)Q-Hermite polynomials, biorthogonal rational functions and q-beta integrals.
- D. Moak (1981):The q-analogue of the Laguerre polynomials. J. Math. Anal. Appl..,81: 20–47.
- F. W. J. Olver (1974).: Asymptotics and Special Functions. New York: Academic Press.
- J. Shohat, J. D. Tamarkin (1963): The Problem of Moments. Mathematical Surveys, No. 1. Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society.
- G. Szegö (1975): Orthogonal Polynomials, 4th edn. Colloquium Publications vol. XXIII. Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society.
- Extremal measures for a system of orthogonal polynomials
Volume 9, Issue 1 , pp 111-119
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Primary 33D45
- Secondary 30E05
- Orthogonal polynomials
- Al-Salam-Chihara polynomials
- Indeterminate moment problems
- Extremal measures