A group of intermediate growth acting by homomorphisms on the real line
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Translated from Matematicheskie Zametki, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 46–63, February, 1993.
- M. G. Brin and C. C. Squier, “Groups of piecewise linear homeomorphisms of the real line,” Inv. Math.,79, No. 2, 485–498 (1985).
- J. Milnor, “Problem 5603,” Am. Math. Monthly,75, No. 6, 685–686 (1968).
- R. I. Grigorchuk, “Degrees of growth of finitely generated groups and the theory of invariant means,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Mat.,48, No. 5, 939–985 (1984).
- R. L. Grigorchuk, “On degrees of growth of p-groups and torsion-free groups,” Mat. Sbornik,126, No. 2, 194–214 (1985).
- W. C. Holland, “The lattice ordered group of automorphisms of an ordered set,” Mich. Math. J.,10, No. 4, 399–408 (1963).
- G. Hector, “Leaves whose growth is neither exponential nor polynomial,” Topology,16, No. 4, 451–459 (1977).
- A. I. Kokorin and V. M. Kopytov, Linearly Ordered Groups [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).
- I. G. Rosenstein, Linear Orderings, Academic Press, New York-Toronto (1982).
- A group of intermediate growth acting by homomorphisms on the real line
Volume 53, Issue 2 , pp 146-157
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links