Growth of diamond particles from methane-hydrogen gas
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Microcrystals of diamond were grown on non-diamond substrates including silicon, molybdenum and silica, as well as on diamond by chemical vapour deposition. Deposition was carried out by passing a mixture of hydrocarbon and hydrogen gases through a heated reaction chamber in which a hot tungsten filament was held near the substrates. The deposit was identified by reflection electron diffraction and Raman spectroscopy. The effects of experimental conditions on the growth features were studied.
- W. G. Eversole, US Pat. 3030187 and 3030188 (1958).
- Angus, J. C., Will, H. A., Stanko, W. S. (1968) J. Appl. Phys. 39: pp. 2915
- Aisenberg, S., Chabot, R. (1971) J. Appl. Phys. 42: pp. 2953
- Spencer, E. G., Schmidt, H. P., Joy, D. C., Sansalone, F. J. (1976) Appl. Phys. Lett. 29: pp. 118
- Gautherin, G., Weismental, Chr (1978) Thin Solid Films 50: pp. 135
- Whitmell, D. S., Williamson, R. W. (1976) Thin Solid Films 35: pp. 255
- Holland, L., Ojha, S. M. (1976) Thin Solid Films 38: pp. L17
- Anderson, D. A. (1977) Phil. Mag. 35: pp. 17
- Berg, S., Andersson, L. P. (1979) Thin Solid Films 58: pp. 117
- Deryagin, B. V., Spitsyn, B. V., Builov, L. L., Klochkov, A. A., Gorodetskii, A. E., Smol'Yaninov, A. V. (1976) Sov. Phys. Dokl. 21: pp. 676
- Spitsyn, B. V., Bouilov, L. L., Derjaguin, B. V. (1981) J. Crystal Growth 52: pp. 219
- ASTM X-ray powder data file 6-675.
- Solin, A., Ramdas, A. K. (1970) Phys. Rev. B1: pp. 1687
- “JANAF Thermodynamical Tables” (NBS, Washington, 1971).
- Matsumoto, S., Setaka, N. (1979) Carbon 17: pp. 485
- Matsumoto, S., Sato, Y., Setaka, N. (1981) Carbon 19: pp. 231
- Lersmacher, B., Lydtin, H., Knippenberg, W. F., Moore, A. W. (1967) Carbon 5: pp. 205
- Growth of diamond particles from methane-hydrogen gas
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 17, Issue 11 , pp 3106-3112
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors