Finite groups in which the centralizer of any non-identity element is nilpotent
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The work of the first author was supported by the Office of Ordnance Research, U.S.Army.
- Burnside, W.: Theory of Groups of Finite Order, 2nd edition. Cambridge 1911.
- Hall, M.: The Theory of Groups. The Macmillan Co. New York: 1959.
- Hall, P., andG. Higman: On thep-length ofp-soluble groups and reduction theorems for Burnside's problem. Proc. London math. Soc. (3)6, 1–42 (1956).
- Hall, P.: A note on soluble groups. J. London math. Soc.3, 98–105 (1928).
- Higman, G.: Finite groups in which every element has prime power order. J. London math. Soc.32, 335–342 (1957).
- Suzuki, M.: The nonexistence of a certain type of simple groups of odd order. Proc. Amer. math. Soc.8, 686–695 (1957).
- Wielandt, H.: Zum Satz vonSylow. Math. Z.60, 407–408 (1954).
- Finite groups in which the centralizer of any non-identity element is nilpotent
Volume 74, Issue 1 , pp 1-17
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links