Holistic approach for problem improvement in health education: A human centred basis. A case study on AIDS prevention and control at a Chinese medical school
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In order to cope with the changing health needs in the community, an holistic approach on AIDS prevention and control with particular reference to essential quality was introduced at an educational seminar at Hebei Medical University in China, 1996. We have identified three major points in the present study through learning and research process: 1. The importance of ‘cultural norm’ for the unification of science and technology is identified for the community approach; 2. ‘community care’ emphasising human quality provides unity in diversity for educational program; and 3. ‘community control’ emphasising quality assurance demonstrates the effectiveness for program analysis from the viewpoint of human centred systems.
- Alma-Ata 1978, Primary Health Care, Geneva, WHO, 1978.Health for All Series, No. 1.
- Beauchamp, T.L., Childres, J.F. (1994) Principles of Biomedical Ethics. Oxford University Press, New York, Oxford
- Blomberg, I. (1995) Quality in prevention and health promotion activities. Nordisk Medicine 110: pp. 246-249
- Foote, W., Greenwood, D.J., Lazes, P. In: William, Foote Whyte eds. (1991) Participatory Action Research — Through Practice to Science in Social Research. Sage Publications, London, pp. 19-55
- Kaprio L.A. (1979). Primary Health Care in Europe. EURO reports and studies No. 14, WHO Regional Office for Europe.
- Leavell, H.R., Clark, E.G. (1953) Textbook of Preventive Medicine. McGraw-Hill, New York, Toronto & London
- Li E. (1996). TCM-WM Research Section on Basic Theories, Hebei Medical University. Strategies and Methodology in TCM-WM Research.
- Li, T, Zhang, B, Wei, N, Maruchi, N In: Maruchi, eds. (1996) theory and Practice on the reconstruction of Integration of Traditional and Western Medicine from the Viewpoint of Holistic Approach. (Textbook of Holistic approach for Medical Sciences in the Era of Living Together. Shinshu University School of Medicine, Japan, pp. 17-36
- Maruchi, N. (1986) General Networking (GN) in Health and Disease. Shinshu University School of Medicine, Japan
- Maruchi, N. (1992) New Horizon for Preventive Medicine with Special Emphasis on ‘Living with AIDS’. Shinshu University School of Medicine, Japan
- Maruchi, N., Afroza, A., Wei, N., Zhang, B., Fattah, A., Yamamoto, M. In: Maruchi, N, Afroza, A eds. (1996) Holistic Approach on Quality Health Care in the Era of Health Culture. Shinshu University School of Medicine, Japan
- Maruchi, N., Atichat, S. In: Maruchi, N., Atichat, S. eds. (1997) Holistic Approach on Science & technology for the Era of Health Culture. Shinshu University School of Medicine, Japan
- Maruchi, N., Matsuda, M. In: Holland, Walter W., Detels, Roge, Knox, George eds. (1991) provision and financing of health care services in Japan. Oxford Textbook of Public Health. Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp. 333-346
- Maruchi N., Nakama H., Fattah A., Wei N., Li T. & Zhang B. (1995). R/D Theory & Practice of Patient Oriented Medical (Human Centred) Paradigm with particular to Living Together for the Unity in Diversity, — a basic study on health research for community care by TAUCO approach. Paper presented at AAAS Annual Meeting and science Innovation Exposition, Atlanta, USA.
- Maruchi, N., Shimanouchi, S., Matsuda, M. (1986) Dialogue with Subject Matters for Total Care. Igaku-shoin Publications Ltd., Tokyo
- Maruchi, N., Wei, N., Zhang, B., Li, T., Fattah, A. In: Maruchi, eds. (1996) Holistic approach for Medical Sciences in the Era of Living Together. Shinshu University School of Medicine, Japan
- Nelson, K.E., David, D.C., Sakol, E., Donald, R.H., Chris, B., Somboon, S., Surinda, K., Chirasak, K (1996) Changes in sexual behavior and a decline in HIV infection among young men in Thailand. The New England Journal of Medicine 335: pp. 297-303
- Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion, November 17–21, 1986, Ottawa, Canada.
- Park, P. What is participatory research ? A theoretical and, methodological perspective. In: Park, P, Brydon-Miller, M., Hall, B, Jackson, T eds. (1993) Voices of Change: Participatory Research in the United States and Canada. Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, Torontopp. 1
- Riche, W.H.I., Milner, J. (1971) Epidemiology as Medical Ecology. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh and London
- Shy, C.M. (1997) The Failure of Academic Epidemiology: Witness for the Prosecution. Americal Journal of Epidemiology 145: pp. 479-484
- Stroot, P. (1989). Our Planet — Our Health, Think Globally — Act Locally. World Health October 1989:30.
- Holistic approach for problem improvement in health education: A human centred basis. A case study on AIDS prevention and control at a Chinese medical school
AI & SOCIETY
Volume 12, Issue 4 , pp 264-286
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Community control
- Community care
- Cultural norm
- Essential quality
- Human ecosystems
- Self regulation