The nursing information systems: Collaborative design of healthcare information systems
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper will describe a participatory design process by which individuals from many levels of hierarchy and diverse technical background envisioned and then determined the design criteria for the software system to support the delivery of high quality nursing services.
- Aiken, L. and Claire M. Fagin eds. (1992) Charting Nursing's Future: Agenda for the 1990s; J.B. Lippincott Co. Philadelphia Pa. USA; 1992.
- Broad, Judith and Ruth Robarts (1995) Application for Federal Assistance, Proposal to the FMCS, submitted May 9, 1995.
- Emspak, Frank (1996). Participatory Design: Examples and Institutional Needs. In PDC'96 Proceedings of the Participatory Design Conference (J. Blomberg, F. Kensing and E.A. Dykstra-Ericson Eds.) CPSR, Palo Alto Ca. 111–115.
- Ferreira, Eleonora Castano and Joao Castano Ferreira. Making Sense of the Media, A Handbook of Popular Education Techniques; Monthly Review Press, NY, USA. 1997.
- Robarts, R., S.J. Trimborn (1995). Collaborative Design of Healthcare Information Systems: A Report on A Pilot Union Management Project.; 5th IFAc Symposium on Automated Systems Based on Human Skill, Berlin, Germany 1995.
- Trimborn, S.J. (1997). Notes of the NISDG, Madison WI. 1997.
- The nursing information systems: Collaborative design of healthcare information systems
AI & SOCIETY
Volume 12, Issue 1-2 , pp 64-70
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Human centered design
- Participatory design
- User interfaces
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School for Workers Continuing Education Extension, University of Wisconsin, 610 Langdon Street, 53703, Madison, WI, USA
- 2. Center for Clinical Sciences, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Authority, Madison, WI, USA