Effect of heat transfer on compressible boundary layer flow over a circular cylinder
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The effect of heat transfer on the steady laminar compressible boundary layer flow past a horizontal circular cylinder has been studied. The resulting coupled nonlinear partial differential equations have been solved numerically using a very efficient finite-difference scheme. Specific results are given for the boundary layer separation parameter and the skin friction and heat transfer coefficients.
- Brown, S. N.: The effect of heat transfer on boundary layer growth. Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc.29, 789–802 (1963).
- Stewartson, K.: The theory of laminar boundary layers in compressible fluids. Oxford: University Press 1964.
- Stewartson, K.: Correlated incompressible and compressible boundary layers. Proc. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A200, 84–100 (1949).
- Merkin, J. H.: Mixed convection from a horizontal circular cylinder. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer20, 73–77 (1977).
- Keller, H. B.: Numerical methods in boundary layer theory. Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech.10, 417–433 (1978).
- Effect of heat transfer on compressible boundary layer flow over a circular cylinder
Volume 131, Issue 3-4 , pp 267-272
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of Dhaka, 1000, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2. Faculty of Mathematics, University of Cluj, 3400, Cluj, CP253, Romania
- 3. Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan-Dearborn, 48128, Dearborn, MI, USA