On the single server retrial queue with priority customers
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider anM 2/G 2/1 type queueing system which serves two types of calls. In the case of blocking the first type customers can be queued whereas the second type customers must leave the service area but return after some random period of time to try their luck again. This model is a natural generalization of the classicM 2/G 2/1 priority queue with the head-of-theline priority discipline and the classicM/G/1 retrial queue. We carry out an extensive analysis of the system, including existence of the stationary regime, embedded Markov chain, stochastic decomposition, limit theorems under high and low rates of retrials and heavy traffic analysis.
- B.D. Choi and K.K. Park, TheM/G/1 retrial queue with Bernoulli schedule, Queueing Systems 7 (1990) 219–228.
- G.I. Falin, A single-line system with secondary orders, Eng. Cybernet. Rev. 17 (1979) 76–83.
- G.I. Falin, On a multiclass batch arrival retrial queue, Adv. Appl. Prob. 20 (1988) 483–487.
- G.I. Falin, A survey of retrial queues, Queueing Systems 7 (1990) 127–168.
- T. Hanschke, TheM/G/1/1 queue with repeated attempts and different types of feedback effects, OR Spectrum 7 (1985) 209–215.
- N.K. Jaiswal, Time-dependent solution of the head-of-the-line priority queue, J. Roy. Stat. Soc. B24 (1962) 91–101.
- Z. Khalil, G. Falin and T. Yang, Some analytical results for congestion in subscriber line modules, Queueing Systems 10 (1992) 381–402.
- V.G. Kulkarni, On queueing systems with retrials, J. Appl. Prob. 20 (1983) 380–389.
- T. Yang and J.G.C. Templeton, A survey on retrial queues, Queueing Systems 2 (1987) 203–233.
- T. Yang, M.J.M. Posner, J.G.C. Templeton and H. Li, An approximation method for theM/G/1 retrial queue with general service times, to appear in Eur. J. Oper. Res.
- On the single server retrial queue with priority customers
Volume 14, Issue 3-4 , pp 439-455
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Priority queues
- head-of-the-line priority discipline
- limit theorems
- stochastic decomposition
- Industry Sectors