Effect of temperature on the susceptibility of VT6ch alloy to hydrogen embrittlement
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Alloys of the VT6 type are used for parts operating in the temperature range from 450 -500°C to cryogenic temperatures. At room temperature and below, alloys of this type can develop hydrogen embrittlement. This paper is devoted to the effect of hydrogen on the mechanical properties of the alloy for temperatures ranging from room to that of liquid helium.
- Kolachev, B. A., Livanov, V. A., Bukhanova, A. A. (1974) Mechanical Properties of Titanium and Its Alloys. Metallurgiya, Moscow
- Kolachev, B. A., Mal'kov, A. V. (1983) Physical Foundations of Fracture of Titanium. Metallurgiya, Moscow
- Kolachev, B. A. (1977) Hydrogen embrittlement of titanium and its alloys. Titanium. Physical Metallurgy and Technology, Proc. 3rd Int. Conf on Titanium. VILS, Moscow
- N. Paton, “Low temperature hydrogen embrittlement of titanium alloys,” in:Titanium: Sci. and Tech., Proc. 5th Int. Conf: on Titanium, Munich, 1984, Vol. 4, Oberursel (1985), pp. 2519 -2526. 5.D. A. Meyn, “Temperature dependence of maintained loud cracking caused by residual hydrogen in Ti - 6AI --- 4V,” in:Titanium: Sci. and Tech., Proc. 5th Int. Conf on Titanium, Munich, 1984, Vol. 4, Oberursel (1985), pp. 2565 - 2570.
- Bratukhin, A. G., Anoshkin, N. F., Moiseev, V. N. (1993) Use of titanium alloys for aircraft structures. Titan 1: pp. 77-81
- “Age hardenable titanium alloy,”Alloy Digest, Sept., 11 - 12 (1992).
- Wigley, D. A. (1971) Mechanical Properties of Materials at Lox Temperatures. Plenum, New York
- Chen, K. K., Koin, D. E. (1977) Dependence of the fracture toughness of forgings of Ti -6AI-4V alloy on the concentration of hydrogen and the cross-sectional area. Titanium. Physical Metallurgy and Technology, Proc. 3rd Int. Conf on Titanium. VILS, Moscow
- Kolachev, B. A. (1985) Hydrogen Embrittlement of Metals. Metallurgiya, Moscow
- Xiao, H. Z., Gao, S. Y., Wan, X. Y. (1986) In-situ TEM study of the strain-induced hydrides in Ti -6AI-4V. Z. Electron. Mi-rosc. 35: pp. 1581-1582
- Effect of temperature on the susceptibility of VT6ch alloy to hydrogen embrittlement
Metal Science and Heat Treatment
Volume 38, Issue 12 , pp 531-535
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors