Roald Dahl—“It's about children and it's for children”-but is it suitable?
- Jonathon Culley
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Jonathon Culley was educated at Portsmouth Grammar School and Oxford University. He is teaching at a Preparatory School in Hampshire.
- Arthur, Anthony, “An interview with Clifton Fadiman,”Children's Literature in Education, 1975,17.
- Cameron, Eleanor, “McLuhan, youth and literature,” inCrosscurrents of Criticism, Horn Book Essays 1968–1977, selected and edited by Paul Heins. Horn Book, 1977.
- Cameron, Eleanor (1981) A question of taste. The School Librarian 29: pp. 108-114
- Campbell, Alisdair (1981) Children's writers: 6 Roald Dahl. The School Librarian 29: pp. 108-114
- Carroll, Lewis,Through the Looking-Glass Macmillan, 1872.
- Dahl, Roald, letter toThe Times, The London Times, February 28, 1989.
- Haigh, Gerald, “For non squiffletrotters only,”Times Educational Supplement, November, 19, 1989, p. 35.
- Hill, George, “Dahl: Pied Piper with a magic pen,”The London Times, April 21, 1988, p. 12.
- D. Holbrook,English for Maturity. Cambridge University Press, 1961.
- Inglis, Fred,The Promise of Happiness. Cambridge University Press, 1981.
- Itza, Catherine, “Bewitching the boys,”Times Educational Supplement, December 27, 1985, p. 13.
- Jenkins, Alan,The Social Theory of Claude Lévi-Strauss. Macmillan, 1979.
- Leach, Edmund,Lévi-Strauss.: Fontana, 1970.
- Marshall, M. R.,An Introduction to the World of Children's Books.: Gower Publishing, 1982.
- Merrick, Anne (1975) The Nightwatchmen andCharlie and the Chocolate Factory as books to be read to children. Children's Literature in Education 16: pp. 21-30
- Moss, Joy F., “Paperbacks in the classroom,”The Horn Book Magazine, February 1981, pp. 98–104.
- Rochman, Hazel, “Young adult books: Childhood terror,”The Horn Book Magazine, October 1985, pp. 598–602.
- Sarland, Charles (1983) The Secret Seven vs.The Twits: Cultural clash or cosy combination?. Signal 42: pp. 155-171
- Wintle, Justin, and Fisher, Emma,The Pied Pipers.: Paddington Press, 1974.
- Wood, Michael (1979) The confidence man. New Society 50: pp. xiv-xvi
- Roald Dahl JGPJames and the Giant Peach. Allen & Unwin, 1961.
- Roald Dahl CCFCharlie and the Chocolate Factory.: Allen & Unwin, 1964.
- Roald Dahl MFThe Magic Finger.: Allen & Unwin, 1966.
- Roald Dahl FMFFantastic Mr Fox.: Allen & Unwin, 1970.
- Roald Dahl CGGE Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.: Allen & Unwin, 1972.
- Roald Dahl DCWDanny the Champion of the World.: Cape, 1975.
- Roald Dahl TT The Twits.: Cape, 1980.
- Roald Dahl GMMGeorge's Marvellous Medicine.: Cape, 1981.
- Roald Dahl BFG The BFG.: Cape, 1982.
- Roald Dahl TWThe Witches.: Cape, 1983.
- Roald Dahl BTCBoy: Tales of Childhood.: Cape, 1984.
- Roald Dahl DBDirty Beasts.: Cape, 1984.
- Roald Dahl MMatilda.: Cape, 1988.
- Roald Dahl—“It's about children and it's for children”-but is it suitable?
Children's Literature in Education
Volume 22, Issue 1 , pp 59-73
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Human Sciences Press
- Additional Links