Refinement of the upper bound of the constant in the central limit theorem
- I. S. Shiganov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Translated from Problemy Ustoichivosti Stokhasticheskikh Modelei — Trudy Seminara, pp. 109–115, 1982.
In conclusion, the author wishes to express his gratitude to V. M. Zolotarev for the formulation of the problem and for useful discussions.
- C.-G. Esseen, “On the Liapounoff limit of error in the theory of probability,” Ark. Mat. Astr. Fys.,28A, 1–19 (1942).
- C.-G. Esseen, “Fourier analysis of distribution functions. A mathematical study of the Laplace-Gaussian law,” Acta Math.,77, 1–125 (1945).
- A. C. Berry, “The accuracy of the Gaussian approximation to the sum of independent variates,” Trans. Am. Math. Soc.,49, No. 1, 122–136 (1941).
- C. G. Esseen, “A moment inequality with an application to the central limit theorem,” Skand. Aktuarietidskr.,39, 160–170 (1956).
- K. Takano, “A remark to a result of A. C. Berry,” Res. Mem. Inst. Math.,9, No. 6, 4.08–4.15 (1951).
- H. Bergström, “On the central limit theorem in the case of not equally distributed random variables,” Skand. Aktuarietidskr.,33, 37–62 (1949).
- V. M. Zolotarev, “A sharpening of the inequality of Berry-Esseen,” Z. Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie Verw. Gebiete,8, 332–342 (1967).
- P. van Beek, Fourier-analytische Methoden zur Verscharfung der Berry-Esseen Schranke. Doctoral dissertation, Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Bonn (1971).
- P. van Beek, “An application of Fourier methods to the problem of sharpening the Berry-Esseen inequality,” Z. Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie Verw. Gebiete,13, 187–196 (1972).
- R. Fletcher and C. M. Reeves, “Function minimization by conjugate gradients,” Computer J.,7, No. 2, 149–154 (1964).
- I. S. Shiganov, “On the sharpening of the absolute constant estimate in the central limit theorem,” in: Third Internat. Vilnius Conf. on Probab. Theory and Math. Statist. Abstracts of Communications. Vol. 3, Inst. Mat. Kibern., Akad. Nauk LitSSR, Vilnius (1981), pp. 312–313.
- A. N. Kolmogorov, “Some work of recent years in the area of limit theorems of probability theory,” Vestn. Mosk. Gos. Univ.,10, 29–38 (1953).
- V. M. Zolotarev, “An absolute estimate of the remainder in the central limit theorem,” Teor. Veroyatn. Primen.,11, No. 1, 108–119 (1966).
- V. M. Zolotarev, “Some inequalities in probability theory and their application to the sharpening of Lyapunov's theorem,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,177, No. 3, 501–504 (1967).
- V. M. Zolotarev, “The investigation of the distributions of sums of independent random variables and of processes with independent increments,” Doctoral Dissertation, Mat. Inst. Akad. Nauk, Moscow (1966).
- Refinement of the upper bound of the constant in the central limit theorem
Journal of Soviet Mathematics
Volume 35, Issue 3 , pp 2545-2550
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors