An analysis of the effects of implementing the teaching-family model in two community-based group homes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The effects of implementing the Teaching-Family Model in two community-based group homes were assessed through a series of pre-post measures. Data analysis indicates substantial positive change in youth social skills, program quality, youth and staff satisfaction levels, social climate, and staff accountability for care of the children.
- Baron, R., Cunningham, P., Palma, L., Phillips, E. (1976) Family and community living skills curriculum. Father Flanagan's Boys' Home, Boys Town, NE
- Braukman, C.J., Fixsen, D.L. Behavior modification with delinquents. In: Hersen, M. eds. (1975) Progress in behavior modification. Academic Press, New York
- Evans, J., Dowd, T., Schneider, K., Wallace, E., Fixsen, D., Phillips, E. (1976) Evaluation of the Boys Town youth care department. Father Flanagan's Boys' Home, Boys Town, NE
- Fixsen, D.L. (1979) Teaching-Family ideal: Scoring procedure for the COPES. Unpublished manuscript. Father Flanagan's Boys' Home, Boys Town, NE
- Ichinose, C., Schneider, K., Fixsen, D. (1978) Standard operating procedures: Minor evaluation. Unpublished manuscript. Father Flanagan's Boys' Home, Boys Town, NE
- Koshel, J. (1973) Deinstitutionalization—delinquent children. The Urban Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Martin, H.P. (1979) Treatment for abused and neglected children. U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare, Washington, D.C.
- Moos, R. (1974) Community Oriented Programs Environment Scale Manual. Consulting Psychological Press, Palo Alto, CA
- Phillips, E.L., Phillips, E.A., Fixsen, D.L., Wolf, M.M. (1972) The Teaching-Family handbook. University of Kansas (Achievement Place Project), Lawrence, KS
- Phillips, L., Phillips, A., Fixsen, D., Wolf, M. (1972) The Teaching-Family handbook. University of Kansas Printing Service, Lawrence, KS
- Schneider, K., Fixsen, D. (1978) Staff Accountability Scale. Father Flanagan's Boys' Home, Boys Town, NE
- Shah, S.A. Preparation for release and community follow-up. In: Cohen, H.C. eds. (1968) Procedures for the establishment of educational environments. Institute for Behavioral Research; Educational Facility Press, Silver Spring, MD
- Shah, S.A. A behavioral approach to out-patient treatment of offenders. In: Rickard, H.C. eds. (1970) Unique programs in behavior readjustment. Pergamon, Oxford
- True, L.Problems in evaluation design. Washington, D.C.: Evaluation and Program Implementation Division, United States Office of Management and Budget, 1976.
- Webb, E., Campbell, D., Schwartz, R., Sechrest, L. (1971) Unobtrusive measures: Nonreaction research in the social sciences. Rand McNally and Company, Chicago
- An analysis of the effects of implementing the teaching-family model in two community-based group homes
Child care quarterly
Volume 11, Issue 4 , pp 298-311
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Human Sciences Press
- Additional Links