The asymptotics of the return map of a singular point with fixed Newton diagram
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We exhibit a large class of nondegenerate singular points in which necessary and sufficient conditions are given for monodromy. We compute the generalized first Lyapunov value, which is expressed in terms of the Newton diagram of the singular point. The computational algorithm proposed is based on writing the return map as the composition of transition mappings constructed using the diagram. The nonvanishing of the generalized first Lyapunov value is a sufficient condition for the existence of a focus. Bibliography: 8 titles.
- A. D. Bryuno,A Local Method of Nonlinear Analysis of Differential Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1979).
- F. S. Berezovskaya, “A complex stationary point of a system in the plane: the structure of a neighborhood and the index,” Preprint, Pushchino, ONTI NTsBI (1978).
- V. I. Arnol'd and Yu. S. Il'yashenko, “Ordinary Differential Equations. I,” in:Sovr. Probl. Matem. Fund. Napr. [in Russian], Vol. 1 ofItogi Nauki i Tekhniki, VINITI AN SSSR (1985), pp. 7–149.
- A. Dyulak (Henri Dulac),On Limit Cycles [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1980).
- V. I. Arnol'd,Ordinary Differential Equations, MIT Press, Cambridge (1973).
- A. A. Andronov et al.,The Qualitative Theory of Second-order Dynamical Systems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1956).
- V. S. Samovol, “On the linearization of a system of differential equations in the neighborhood of a singular point,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk,206, No. 3, 545–548 (1972).
- N. B. Medvedeva, “The first focus quantity of a compound monodromic singular point,”Tr. Semin. Petrov., No. 13, 106–122 (1988).
- The asymptotics of the return map of a singular point with fixed Newton diagram
Journal of Soviet Mathematics
Volume 60, Issue 6 , pp 1765-1781
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors