Correcting state dependence and serial correlation in the RP/SP combined estimation method
- Takayuki Morikawa
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Revealed preference (RP) data and stated preference (SP) data have complementary characteristics for model estimation. To enhance the advantages of both data types, a combined estimation method is proposed. This paper discusses the method and practical considerations in applying it, and introduces a new method of considering serial correlation of RP and SP data. An empirical analysis is also presented.
- Ben-Akiva M & Morikawa T (1990a) Estimation of switching models from revealed preferences and stated intentions.Transportation Research A 24A(6): 485–495.
- Ben-Akiva M & Morikawa T (1990b) Estimation of travel demand models from multiple data sources. In: M Koshi (ed),Transportation and Traffic Theory (Proc. of the 11th ISTTT), Elsevier (pp 461–476).
- Ben-Akiva M, Morikawa T & Shiroishi F (1991) Analysis of the reliability of preference ranking data.Journal of Business Research (23): 253–268.
- Bradley MA & Kroes EP (1990) Simultaneous analysis of stated preference and revealed preference information.Proc of the 18th PTRC Annual Summer Meeting, Seminar H, University of Sussex.
- Bradley MA & Daly AJ (1991) Estimation of logit choice models using mixed stated preference and revealed preference information.Preprints of the 6th ICTB, Quebec, Vol 1: 117–133.
- Heckman JJ (1981) Statistical models for discrete panel data. In: C Manski & D McFadden (eds),Structural Analysis of Discrete Data with Econometric Applications, MIT Press (pp 114–175).
- Hensher DA, Smith NC, Milthorpe FW & Barrard PO (1992)Dimensions of Automobile Demand. North-Holland, Amsterdam.
- Morikawa T, Ben-Akiva M & Yamada K (1991) Forecasting intercity rail ridership using revealed preference and stated preference data.Transportation Research Record 1328: 30–35.
- Morikawa T, Ben-Akiva M & Yamada K (1992) Estimation of mode choice models with serially correlated RP and SP data. Prepared forThe 6th WCTR, Lyon.
- Correcting state dependence and serial correlation in the RP/SP combined estimation method
Volume 21, Issue 2 , pp 153-165
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- combined estimation
- discrete choice
- revealed preference
- serial correlation
- stated preference
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Civil Engineering, Nagoya University, Chikusa-ku, 464-01, Nagoya, Japan