Complexity of “wild” matrix problems and of isomorphism of algebras and graphs
- D. Yu. Grigor'ev
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is shown that isomorphism of semisimple algebras over an algebraically closed field is recognized in polynomial time. The polynomial equivalence of isomorphism of graphs and isomorphism of algebras (over an algebraically closed field) with zero square of the radical and commutative quotient modulo the radical is proved. A series of problems about the complexity of matrix problems and isomorphism of algebras are posed.
- I. M. Gel'fand and V. A. Ponomarev, “Remarks on the classification of pairs of commuting linear transformations in a finite-dimensional space,” Funkts. Anal. Prilozhen.,3, No. 4, 81–82 (1969).
- Zap. Nauchn. Sem. Leningr. Otd. Mat. Inst. Akad. Nauk SSSR,28 (1972).
- I. Borosh and A. S. Fraenkel, “Exact solutions of linear equations with rational coefficients by congruence techniques,” Math. Comput.,20, No. 93, 107–117 (1966).
- M. T. McClellan, “The exact solution of system of linear equations with polynomial coefficients,” J. Assoc. Comput. Mach.,20, No. 4, 563–588 (1973).
- T. C. Hu, Integer Programming and Network Flows, Addison-Wesley, New York (1970).
- D. Yu. Grigor'ev (D. Yu. Grigoryev), “Some new bounds on tensor rank,” LOMI Preprint E-2-78, Leningrad (1978).
- N. Jacobson, Theory of Rings, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence (1943).
- I. Herstein, Noncommutative Rings, Math. Assoc. Amer., Philadelphia (1968).
- E. Horowitz and S. Sahni, “On computing the exact determinant of matrices with polynomial entries,” J. Assoc. Comput. Mach.,22, No. 1, 38–50 (1975).
- N. A. Nachev, “On incidence rings,” Vestn. Mosk. Gos. Univ., Ser. I, No. 1, 36–42 (1977).
- D. Yu. Grigor'ev, “Two reductions of isomorphism of graphs to problems about polynomials,” Zap. Nauchn. Sem. Leningr. Otd. Mat. Inst. Akad. Nauk SSSR,88, 56–61 (1979).
- Complexity of “wild” matrix problems and of isomorphism of algebras and graphs
Journal of Soviet Mathematics
Volume 22, Issue 3 , pp 1285-1289
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors