Sexually Open Marriage
- Mary Ann Watson
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this article the author describes sexually open marriage in the lives of 71 individuals. These persons make up three groups—persons in open relationships, persons divorced or separated after an open relationship and secondary partners of persons in open relationships—and are described as they experience their open relationships and then, two years later, as they evaluate the changes in their open sexual relationships. Similarities and differences among these three groups are discussed. In addition, this article looks at the ground rules that are established, jealousy issues and their management, and it discusses the role of equity and equality in sexually open relationships.
- BRYSON, J. B. (1976) “Jealousy: how men and women react.” Behavior Today (September 7).
- BUUNK, B. (1980) “Sexually open marriage: ground rules for countering potential threats to marriage.” Alternative Lifestyles (August).
- Clanton, F., Smith, L. eds. (1977) Jealously. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- CONSTANTINE, L., J. M. CONSTANTINE, and S. K. EDELMAN (1977) “Counseling implications of comarital and multilateral relations.” Family Coordinator (July).
- Conzine, W. L. (1974) The phenomenon of jealousy: a theoretical and empirical analysis. United States International University, San Diego
- Goldberg, H. (1976) The Hazards of Being Male. Signet, New York
- Gottschalk, H. (1936) Problems of Jealousy. Fremad, Copenhagen
- Gough, H. G. (1957) Manual for the California Psychological Inventory. Consulting Psychologists, Palo Alto, CA
- Homans, G. C. (1974) Social Behavior: Its Elementary Forms. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, New York
- Knapp, J. (1976) An exploratory study of seventeen sexual open marriages. J. of Sex Research 13: pp. 206-219
- Myers, L., Leggitt, H. (1975) Adultery and Other Private Matters. Nelson-Hall, Chicago
- O'Neill, N., O'Neill, G. (1972) Open Marriage: A New Life Style for Couples. M. Evans, New York
- RAMEY, J. W. (1975) “Intimate groups and networks: frequent consequences of sexually open marriage.” Family Coordinator (October).
- Seligman, M. E. (1975) Helplessness. Freeman, San Francisco
- Whitehurst, R. N. Jealousy and American values. In: Clanton, F., Smith, L. eds. (1977) Jealousy. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Sexually Open Marriage
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 3-21
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Mary Ann Watson (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Metropolitan State College, USA