Classification analysis of heuristic algorithms for graph coloring
- A. A. Shneider
- … show all 1 hide
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Translated from Kibernetika, No. 4, pp. 15–22, July–August, 1984.
- A. A. Zykov, Theory of Finite Graphs [in Russian], Vol. 1, Nauka, Novosibirsk (1969).
- D. Brelaz, “New methods to color the vertices of a graph,” Comm. ACM,22, No. 4, 251–256 (1979).
- A. A. Zykov, “Properties of linear complexes,” Mat. Sb.,24(66), No. 2, 163–188 (1949).
- A. P. Ershov, Introduction to Theoretical Programming [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).
- S. Goodman and S. Hidetnieme, Introduction to Development and Analysis of Algorithms [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1981).
- R. D. Dutton and R. C. Brigham, “A new graph-coloring algorithm,” Computer J.,24, No. 1, 85–86 (1981).
- Yu. M. Noskov and P. P. Sypchuk, “Algorithm for chromatic partition of the set of graph vertices and its practical realization,” Tr. Mos. Inst. Electron. Mash.,56, 37–42 (1975).
- F. T. Leighton, “A graph coloring algorithm for large scheduling problems,” J. Res. Nat. Bur. Stand.,84, No. 6, 488–506 (1979).
- S. V. Bykova and V. P. Ivolga, “Evaluating the efficiency of minimal partition algorithms,” Vychisl. Tekhn. Mashinostr.,2, 79–86 (1974).
- V. Yu. Sandberg, “Heuristic graph coloring algorithm,” Tr. NII Mat. VGU,12, 58–64 (1974).
- B. A. Gladkikh, I. A. Ivashintsov, and V. V. Matushevskii, “Approximate algorithm of large-dimension graph coloring,” Tr. Sib. Fiz.-Tekhn. Inst.,62, 65–74 (1971).
- M. Kubale and J. Dabrowski, “Empirical comparison of efficiency of some graph coloring algorithms,” Arch. Automat. Telemech.,23, Nos. 1–2, 129–139 (1978).
- D. W. Matula, G. Marble, and J. D. Isaacson, “Graph coloring algorithms,” in: Graph Theory of Computing, Academic Press, New York (1972), pp. 109–122.
- D. J. A. Welsh and M. B. Powell, “An upper bound for the chromatic number of a graph and its applications to timetabling problems,” Computer J.,10, No. 1, 85–86 (1967).
- D. S. Johnson, “Worst-case behavior of graph coloring algorithms,” in: Proceedings of the Fifth Southeastern Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Computing, Utilitas Mathematical Publishing, Winnipeg (1974), pp. 513–527.
- M. R. Garey and D. S. Johnson, “The complexity of near-optimal graph coloring,” J. ACM,23, No. 1, 43–49 (1976).
- L. Kučera, “Expected behavior of graph coloring algorithms,” Lect. Notes Comput. Sci.,56, 447–451 (1977).
- Colin McDiarmid, “Coloring random graphs badly,” Res. Notes Math., No. 34, 76–86 (1979).
- N. Cristophides, Graph Theory: An Algorithmic Approach [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1978).
- A. A. Shneider, “Algorithms for coloring the vertices of a graph,” in: Algorithms for Solution of Logico-Combinatorial Problems [in Russian], Inst. Tekh. Kibern. Akad. Nauk BSSR, Minsk (1980), pp. 31–36.
- A. D. Zakrevskii, Algorithms for Synthesis of Discrete Automata [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).
- D. C. Wood, “A technique for coloring a graph applicable to large-scale timetabling problems,” Computer J.,12, No. 4, 317–319 (1969).
- A. A. Shneider, “Construction of pseudorandom graphs,” in: Automation of Logic Design [in Russian], Inst. Tekhn. Kibern. Akad. Nauk BSSR, Minsk (1982), pp. 140–142.
- A. D. Zakrevskii and N. R. Toropov, LYAPAS: A Programming System [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1978).
- S. M. Ermakov and G. A. Mikhailov, A Course of Statistical Modeling [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).
- Classification analysis of heuristic algorithms for graph coloring
Volume 20, Issue 4 , pp 484-492
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors