Purification of alkaline protease of Rhizopus oryzae by foam fractionation
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Studies on the cost effective purification method is very much essential for the industrially important enzyme like protease. As foam fractionation is an important technique in downstream processing of the biologicals, purification of the crude proteolytic enzyme produced by Rhizopus oryzae has been attempted using converging-diverging foam fractionator. The effects of different parameters studied on the purification efficiency by foam fractionation were pH of the broth, air flow rate, initial liquid height. The results obtained were found quite encouraging at pH 10 with 1 LPM of air flow rate at low initial liquid height.
- Agnihotri, R.: Separation and purification of extra cellular enzymes from Rhizopus oryzae using foam fractionation. B.Tech Thesis, IIT Kharagpur, 1992
- Sebba, Felix.: Foam and emulsion-formation properties and breakage, chemistry and physics of the interfaces. American Chemical Society publication, 1969
- Banerjee, R.; Bhattacharya B. C.: Optimization of multiple inducers effect on protease biosynthesis by Rhizopus oryzae. Bioprocess Eng. 7 (1992) 225–228
- Banerjee, R.; Bhattacharyya, B. C.: Extracellular alkaline protease of newly isolated Rhizopus oryzae. Biotechnol. Letters 14 (1992) 301–304
- Banerjee, R.; Bhattacharyya, B. C.: Purification and characterization of protease from a newly isolated Rhizopus oryzae. Bioprocess Eng. 7 (1992) 369–374.
- Banerjee, R.; Bhattacharya, B. C.: Evolutionary Operation (EVOP) to optimize three dimensional biological experiments. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 41 (1993) 67–71.
- Bradford, M. M.: A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilising the principles of protein dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72 (1976) 248
- Ahmed, S. I.: Separation Science. 5 (1970) 379
- Kirk-Othmer, (Ed.): Encyclopedia of Chemical Technol. John Wiley and Sons (1987)
- Norde, W.: Advances in colloidal interface science. 25 (1986) 267
- Purification of alkaline protease of Rhizopus oryzae by foam fractionation
Volume 9, Issue 6 , pp 245-248
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors