Generalized killing tensors of arbitrary rank and order
- A. G. Nikitin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We define Killing tensors and conformal Killing tensors of arbitrary rank and order which generalize in a natural way the notion of a Killing vector. We explicitly derive the corresponding tensors for a flat de Sitter space of dimension p+q=m,m≤ 4, which permits us to calculate complete sets of symmetry operators of arbitrary order n for a scalar wave equation with m independent parameters.
- L. V. Ovsyannikov, Group Analysis of Differential Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).
- V. N. Shapovalov and G. G. Ékle, Algebraic Properties of the Dirac Equation [in Russian], Kalm. Univ., Élista (1972).
- W. Miller, Symmetry and Separation of Variables [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1981).
- E. L. Kalnins, W. Miller, Jr., and G. C. Williams, “Matrix operator symmetries of the Dirac equation and separation of variables,” J. Math. Phys.,27, No. 7, 1893–1900 (1986).
- V. I. Fushchich and A. G. Nikitin, Symmetry of the Equations of Quantum Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990).
- W. Killing, “Über die grundlagen der geometrie,” J. Reine Angew. Math.,109, 121–186 (1892).
- N. Kh. Ibragimov, Transformation Groups in Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).
- M. Walker and R. Penrose, “On quadratic first integrals of the geodesic equation for type 22 spacetimes,” Commun. Math. Phys.,18, No. 4, 265–274 (1970).
- A. G. Nikitin and A. I. Prilipko, “Generalized Killing tensors and the symmetry of the Klein-Gordon-Fochs equation,” Preprint, Akad. Nauk UkrSSR, Inst. Matem., 90.26, 2–60 Kiev (1990).
- G. H. Katrin and T. Levin, “Quadratic first integrals of the geodesies in spaces of constant curvature,” Tensor,16, No. 1, 97–103 (1965).
- V. G. Bagrov, B. F. Samsonov, A. V. Shapovalov, and I. V. Shirokov, “Commutative subalgebras of symmetry operators of the wave equation containing second-order operator, and separation of variables,” Preprint, Sib. Br., Akad. Nauk SSSR, Tomsk. Nauch. Tsentr., 90.27, 3–60, Tomsk (1990).
- Generalized killing tensors of arbitrary rank and order
Ukrainian Mathematical Journal
Volume 43, Issue 6 , pp 734-743
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- A. G. Nikitin (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Mathematics, Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, Kiev