Electrophoretic karyotype ofTrichoderma reesei
- John A. GillyAffiliated withProduct Development Department, Connaught Laboratories, Inc.
- , Jeffrey A. SandsAffiliated withDepartment of Molecular Biology, Lehigh University
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Pulsed field electrophoresis was used to separate the intact chromosomes of the fungi imperfectiTrichoderma reesei for which no previous karyotype has been available.T. reesei was shown to have six chromosomes with molecular weights ranging from 3.3 to 11.9 megabasepairs (Mbp). The genome size was estimated to be 38 Mbp, indicating thatTrichoderma has a genome larger thanAspergillus nidulans (31 Mbp) but smaller thanNeurospora crassa (47 Mbp).
- Electrophoretic karyotype ofTrichoderma reesei
Volume 13, Issue 7 , pp 477-482
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors