Does oxytocin deficiency mediate social deficits in autism?
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Northwestern University Medical School
- Bauman, M., & Kemper, T. (1985). Histoanatomic observations of the brain in early infantile autism.Neurology, 35, 866–874.
- Bicknell, R. J., Leng, G., Lincoln, D. W., & Russell, J. A. (1988). Nalaxone excites oxytocin neurones in the supraoptic nucleus of lactating rats after chronic morphine treatment.Journal of Physiology, 396, 297–317.
- Chamberlain, R. S., & Herman, B. (1990). A novel biochemical model linking dysfunctions in brain melatonin, proopiomelanocortin peptides, and serotonin and autism.Biological Psychiatry, 28, 773–793.
- Insel, T. (in press). Oxytocin: A neuropeptide for affiliation-Evidence from behavioral, receptor autoradiographic, and comparative studies.Psychoneuroendocrinology.
- Kawarabayashi, T., Izumi, H., Ikeda, M., Ichihara, J., Sugimori, H., & Shirakawa, D. (1990). Modification by magnesium of the excitatory effect of oxytocin in electrical and mechanical activities of pregnant human myometrium.Obstetrics and Gynecology, 76, 183–188.
- Modahl, C. (1992).Does oxytocin mediate social deficits in childhood attachment disorders? master's thesis, Division of Medical Sciences, Boston University.
- Newton, N. (1973). Interrelationships between sexual responsiveness, birth, and breastfeeding. In J. Zubin & J. Money (ed.),Contemporary sexual behavior: Critical issues in the 1970s (pp. 77–98). Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Rimland, B. (1988). Controversies in the treatment of autistic children: Vitamin and drug therapy.J. Child Neurology, 3, (Suppl.), s68-s72.
- Sahley, T. L., & Panksepp, J. (1987) Brain opioids and autism: An updated analysis of possible linkages.Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 17, 201–216.
- Sandman, C. A., Barron, J. L., DeMet, E. M., Chicz-deMet, A., Rothenberg, S. J., & Zea, F. J. (1990). Opioid peptides and perinatal development: Is B-endorphin a natural teratogen?Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 579, 91–108.
- Does oxytocin deficiency mediate social deficits in autism?
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders
Volume 22, Issue 3 , pp 449-451
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors