Does oxytocin deficiency mediate social deficits in autism?
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Northwestern University Medical School
- Bauman, M., Kemper, T. (1985) Histoanatomic observations of the brain in early infantile autism. Neurology 35: pp. 866-874
- Bicknell, R. J., Leng, G., Lincoln, D. W., Russell, J. A. (1988) Nalaxone excites oxytocin neurones in the supraoptic nucleus of lactating rats after chronic morphine treatment. Journal of Physiology 396: pp. 297-317
- Chamberlain, R. S., Herman, B. (1990) A novel biochemical model linking dysfunctions in brain melatonin, proopiomelanocortin peptides, and serotonin and autism. Biological Psychiatry 28: pp. 773-793
- Insel, T. (in press). Oxytocin: A neuropeptide for affiliation-Evidence from behavioral, receptor autoradiographic, and comparative studies.Psychoneuroendocrinology.
- Kawarabayashi, T., Izumi, H., Ikeda, M., Ichihara, J., Sugimori, H., Shirakawa, D. (1990) Modification by magnesium of the excitatory effect of oxytocin in electrical and mechanical activities of pregnant human myometrium. Obstetrics and Gynecology 76: pp. 183-188
- Modahl, C. (1992).Does oxytocin mediate social deficits in childhood attachment disorders? master's thesis, Division of Medical Sciences, Boston University.
- Newton, N. Interrelationships between sexual responsiveness, birth, and breastfeeding. In: Zubin, J., Money, J. eds. (1973) Contemporary sexual behavior: Critical issues in the 1970s. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, pp. 77-98
- Rimland, B. (1988) Controversies in the treatment of autistic children: Vitamin and drug therapy. J. Child Neurology 3: pp. s68-s72
- Sahley, T. L., Panksepp, J. (1987) Brain opioids and autism: An updated analysis of possible linkages. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 17: pp. 201-216
- Sandman, C. A., Barron, J. L., DeMet, E. M., Chicz-deMet, A., Rothenberg, S. J., Zea, F. J. (1990) Opioid peptides and perinatal development: Is B-endorphin a natural teratogen?. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 579: pp. 91-108
- Does oxytocin deficiency mediate social deficits in autism?
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders
Volume 22, Issue 3 , pp 449-451
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors