Does cold winter weather produce depressive symptoms?
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To examine whether harsh winter weather is associated with depressive symptoms, 45 healthy subjects from Minnesota were compared to 42 subjects from California near the end of the winter season. No differences in the prevalence of depressive symptoms were found between the two groups.
- Does cold winter weather produce depressive symptoms?
International Journal of Biometeorology
Volume 32, Issue 2 , pp 144-146
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Psychiatry, VA Medical Center and the University of Iowa College of Medicine, 52242, Iowa City, IA, USA
- 2. Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota at St. Paul Ramsey Medical Center, 55101, St. Paul, MN, USA
- 3. Department of Psychiatry, University of California-Davis, 95817, Sacramento, CA, USA