February 1982, Volume 14, Issue 1, pp 1-10
Development, significance, and influence of geomathematics: Observations of one geologist
- Daniel F. Merriam
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Agterberg, F. P., 1974, Geomathematics: Elsevier Sci. Publ. Co., Amsterdam, 596 p.
- Bates, R. L. and Jackson, J. A. (eds.), 1980, Glossary of geology (2nd ed.): American Geological Institute, Falls Church, Virginia, 749 p.
- Cubitt, J. M. and Henley, S., 1978, Statistics in geology: Dowden, Hutchinson & Ross, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, 340 p.
- Davis, J. C., 1975, Training geologists in geomathematics and use of computers: Amer. Assoc. Petr. Geol. Bull., v. 59, no. 1, p. 159–160.
- Griffiths, J. C., 1958, Geometrics in petroleum petrography: Producers Monthly, v. 22, no. 4, p. 40.
- Harbaugh, J. W. (chm.), 1965, Mathematics recommendations for undergraduate geology students: Jour. Geol. Educ., v. 13, no. 3, p. 91–92.
- Howard, J. C., 1968, Bibliography of statistical applications in geology: CEGS Programs Publ. no. 2, American Geological Institute, Falls Church, Virginia, 24 p.
- Kolata, G. B., 1978, Computer science: surprisingly fast algorithms: Science, v. 202, no. 4370, p. 857–858.
- Krumbein, W. C., and Sloss, L. L., 1958, High-speed digital computers in stratigraphic and facies analysis: Amer. Assoc. Petr. Geol. Bull., v. 42, no. 11, p. 2650–2669.
- Merriam, D. F., 1974, Introduction to The impact of quantification on geology: Syracuse Univ. Geol. Contr. 2, p. 1–3.
- Merriam, D. F., 1976, CAI in geology: Comput. Geosci., v. 2, no. 1, p. 3–7.
- Merriam, D. F., 1978, The International Association for Mathematical Geology—a brief history and record of accomplishments,in Geomathematics: past, present, and prospects: Syracuse Univ. Geol. Contr. 5, p. 1–6.
- Merriam, D. F., 1980a, Computer applications in geology—two decades of progress: Proc. Geol. Assoc., v. 91, no. 12, p. 53–58.
- Merriam, D. F., 1980b, Some future developments in geology: Nature and Resources, v. 16, no. 2, p. 2–5.
- Merriam, D. F., 1981a, A forecast for use of computers by geologists in the coming decade of the 80's,in Computer applications in the earth sciences—an update of the 70's: Plenum Press, New York, p. 369–380.
- Merriam, D. F. 1981b, Roots of quantitative geology,in Down-to-earth statistics: solutions looking for geological problems: Syracuse Univ. Geol. Contr. 8.
- Reyment, R. A., 1977, President's address: Jour. Math. Geology, v. 9, no. 5, p. 451–454.
- Robinson, A. L., 1979, Communicating with computers by voice: Science, v. 203, no. 4382, p. 734–736.
- Vistelius, A. B., 1967, Studies in mathematical geology: Consultants Bureau, New York, 294 p.
- Vistelius, A. B., 1968, Mathematical geology: a report of progress: Geocom Bull., v. 1, no. 8, p. 229–264.
- Vistelius, A. B., 1976, Mathematical geology and development of the geological sciences: Jour. Math. Geology, v. 8, no. 1, p. 3–8.
- Development, significance, and influence of geomathematics: Observations of one geologist
Journal of the International Association for Mathematical Geology
Volume 14, Issue 1 , pp 1-10
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Heroy Geological Laboratory, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, USA