Binuclear oxofluorocomplexes of molybdenum(V)
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The magnetic susceptibility of MoO(OH)3 or [MoOF5]2− in HF has been measured as a function of acid concentration. In very dilute acid the solutions are diamagnetic. The anionic complexes K4[Mo2O4F6] · 2H2O, K3[Mo2O4F5], Cs4[Mo2O4F6], Cs2[Mo2O4F4], (bipyH)2[Mo2O4F4] and (phenH)2[Mo2O4F4] were prepared by adding fluoride to solutions of MoO(OH)3 in dilute HF. The bipyridyl and phenanthroline compounds are converted to the nonelectrolytes [Mo2O4(bipy)2F2] and [Mo2O4(phen)2F2], respectively, on digesting with water or heating. These complexes are also obtained by adding the respective diimines to solutions of K2[MoOF5]. All the complexes are very weakly paramagnetic. The i.r. and the electronic spectra of the compounds show the characteristic features of complexes containing the Mo2O 4 +2 moiety.
- M. C. Chakravorti and S. C. Pandit,J. Coord. Chem.5, 85 (1976).
- D. Grandjean and R. Weiss,C. R. Senac. Acad. Sci. Paris, 263 C, 58 (1966).
- D. Grandjean and R. Weiss,Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 3040 (1967); 3050 (1967).
- R. Kergoat and J. E. Guerchais,Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1746 (1972).
- R. Mattes and G. Lux,Angew. Chem., 86, 598 (1974).
- R. Mattes, K. Mennemann, H. Rieskamp and H. Brockmeyer,J. Less Common Metals, 76, 199 (1980).
- W. G. Palmer,Experimental Inorganic Chemistry, The University Press, Cambridge (1954), p. 406.
- M. C. Chakravorti and S. C. Pandit,Inorg. Synth., 21, (in press).
- A. I. Vogel,A Text Book of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis, The English Language Book Society and Longman (1978), p. 472.
- M. C. Chakravorti and S. C. Pandit,J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 36, 2265 (1974).
- M. C. Chakravorti and S. C. Pandit,J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 35, 3644 (1973).
- J. Lewis and R. G. Wilkins,Modern Coordination Chemistry, Interscience Publishers Inc., New York (1960), p. 403.
- Reactions in more dilute HF medium did not give any pure compound.
- L. Sacconi and R. Cini,J. Am. Chem. Soc., 76, 4239 (1954).
- E. I. Stiefel,Progress in Inorganic Chemistry, Ed. S. P. Lippard, Interscience, vol. 22 (1977), p. 85.
- R. J. H. Clark,J. Chem. Soc., 1377 (1963).
- N. Vutelic and C. Djordjevic,J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 1137 (1973).
- Ref. No. 15, p. 83.
- I. W. Boyd, I. G. Dance, A. E. Landers and A. G. Wedd,Inorg. Chem., 18, 1875 (1979).
- Binuclear oxofluorocomplexes of molybdenum(V)
Transition Metal Chemistry
Volume 8, Issue 2 , pp 83-86
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links