Fresh fermented cheese production with continuous pre-fermented milk by a mixed culture of mesophilic lactic streptococci entrapped in Ca-Al ginate
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The principles of a process for the steady mixed continuous culture of entrapped mesophilic lactic streptococci is given. Characteristics of a pH-stat continuous stirred tank reactor were examined. A stable balance of cit. (+) and cit. (−) bacteria in continuously pre-fermented milk was observed. The incubation time for fresh fermented cheese manufacturing using pre-fermented milk can be reduced by 50%.
- Boerhringer Mannheim, 1984, Methods of enzymatic food analysis.
- Davies F.L., Gasson, M.J., 1981. J. Dairy Res.,48, 363–376.
- Divies C., 1977. French Patent no 77 20 503.
- Driessen F.M., Ubells, J. andTadhouders J., 1977 a. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 19, (6), 821–839.
- Driessen F.M., Ubells J. andStadhouders J. 1977 b. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 19, (6), 841–851.
- Kempler L.M. andMc Kay L.L.A.I. Environ. Microbiol., 39, (4), 926–927.
- Lelieveld H.L.M., 1976. Process Biochemistry 11, (5).
- Mac Bean R.D., Hall R.K.J. andLinklater P.M., 1979. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 21, (9), 1517–1541.
- Prevost H., Divies C., Rousseau E., 1985. Biotechnol letters. (7), 4, 247–252.
- Prevost H., 1987. Thèse de doctorat, Université de Bourgogne, France.
- Terzaghi B.E. andSandine W.E., 1975. Applied Microbiol. 29, 807–813.
- Fresh fermented cheese production with continuous pre-fermented milk by a mixed culture of mesophilic lactic streptococci entrapped in Ca-Al ginate
Volume 9, Issue 11 , pp 789-794
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors